• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member: I'm loving my 5 ton but Brake failure!

turnkey

Great post keep reading it really,really helps...New guy here also..Lots of good info on this stuff here....I also learned when I am up to A$% in water and alligators...Go to the experts at the truck stops and garages....Save my MV many a time...Not to good with the wrench ..I think I break more than I fix...So as the wife says ...Go to the pros..Works for me...Hope you get her running ok again..

ke5eua

As far as your question as hooking up an air compressor to the system to test for leaks, yes you can. I did this the other day when checking why I didn't have brakes and it made things so much easier. It also let me know I have a small air leak somewhere that I couldn't hear with the engine running.

I have a hose reel on my truck so I just use a double male adapter to hook it up to the compressor but you can do it through the emergency glad hand or make an adapter to hook up to the drain valve.

Loosing brakes aren't fun. I realized I didn't have brakes bringing my truck from the storage yard to the house. For me it was bone dry on dot 5, with a small leak in one of the rubber lines.

Welcome to the site. Friendly conversation will come, just give it time, lol. Big pet peeve of the mods is grammar and spelling, makes it easier to read and search.

AMGeneral

Welcome to the site Brad,

As others have said,definetly keep on top of the brake system,5 tons need all they can to get stopped.

I checked out your album w/ pictures of the truck,I'm not sure if you bought it off craigslist or not,but that truck does not have a LDS 465-1A Multifuel,

It has instead a ENDT 673 Mack,and looking at the pictures it has the later engine with the smaller turbo and larger head studs.

Unfortunately,it's a pure diesel,and will not tolerate mixing fuels,it has awesome power,but it a bit more expensive to repair and maintain than the Multi.

again,welcome to the site!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks