• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member in ohio

INFChief

I currently do not have any military stuff. I have been looking at and bidding on mtvrs on gp just haven't won mine yet. Hopefully soon and the information I've read on here so far is priceless .
I was extremely lucky; dumb luck at that. As I discovered & explored GP I stumbled on the vehicles. I bid on a m1083A1 - opening bid of $4300. Forgot all about it because I never expected to win. I checked my email the next morning and it was from GP saying congrats and to please complete my purchase.

After taxes, auction fees, and transportation I was all in at under $7,000.

The listing said it “would not start”. That meant it could be anything from batteries to a blown engine or anything in between. Two days after it arrived I looked it over and found a broken wire on the auxiliary starter solenoid. Fixed it & she fired right up! The truck came with a like new cargo tarp & bow kit too.

I later found a M1082A1 trailer which I bought for $1,000. I bought a tarp & bow kit for it from Wheelspinner.

Truck needed (needs) work. I replaced the sway bar bushings which is common (real easy to do); repaired the air hydraulic power unit (pretty easy too); and I still need to troubleshoot to see why the temp gauge doesn’t work. Of course I’ve only driven it in the field next to the house so the drivetrain hasn’t had a good workout yet.

In the meantime I’ve picked up various accessories such as a rotating amber warning light, Jack adapter, 3rd seat; fuel can mount bracket; work lights / spot lights; tow bar (from TomTime - member); and so on.

I’ll be picking up a service kit from one of our members next week. Wheelspinner.

As you pointed out, there’s a consortium of expert knowledge in this group that spans the range of military equipment on the market! Enjoy!!!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've been looking thru the forums and creeping for a while and finally decided to register.
Well you've already been greeted by several of the guys and I am happy to hear that you joined our little group. Now that you are a member, you have access to the TM's when you need them. Happy hunting and remember that you don't have to buy the first one you find... The Green Disease runs rampant here!

Welcome to the Outfit!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard and ENJOY the vast amount of knowledge and expertise that this site affords you!! Good luck on you adventure of acquiring some military equipment and stay in touch!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks