• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member in Oklahoma

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SteelSoldiers.

Send me your personal contact info via a PM and I will add you to our Okla event/contact list.

One word of advise with GL is to go ahead and buy something small that requires an EUC and get the first one out of the way. It could be a generator, trailer, exhaust pipe, etc. Just any EUC item.

That will get your first clearance check out of the way as they can take anywhere from 60 to 120 days. My first one a couple of years ago took 135 days.

Warthog

Mudstone

welcome sir! I'm located in Norman. Any time you want to wheel i'm around. Also if you need a set of hands let me know. I'm not the most knowledgeable by any means, however i can and will gladly turn a wrench and learn.

@Warthog Can i be placed on that list? I'm new to OK and i enjoy get togethers. Also i need wheeling buddies.

M813A1

Welcome Mudstone !! We do get together for the Parade of lights in Edmond in Dec and we do our own little convoy parade as well !! We usually do a fall worshop that should be up coming !! Welcome aboard !!

Mudstone

thanks m813 but i didn't mean to hijack the thread. I been on ss for a bit just moved to OK in norman. I don't have a pretty m1009 its currently a DD that i want to be a weekend wheeler. lifted and 37s currently with a D60 in crate waiting for a 14bff. I'd like to get out to do some off roading at some point. Nothing serious just trail riding and mud would be nice.

crashcraddock

Where have you guys been buying your trucks? I haven't seen anything on the GL in the Oklahoma area except the m1009s in Ft. Sill, with no preview. What's happening there, I would hope if they come up with some deuces we could preview them. Anyways, I guess I'm just too impatiant in this instant gratification age. I'll keep looking, I don't want to have to ship something from far away, and I'm not in a hurry anyways.

When is the next Oklahoma get together? I'd like to check out some of your trucks and get some ideas on what I might want to do when I get one.