• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member in PA

BonnieBuilt

Hey everyone, finally joined after constantly being on this site for the wealth of information that's available. Seems like a great community. My sergeant at work recently purchased a m109 shop van. Outside of work, I have a full time side hustle as a mechanic because that's what I did before working at the prison. I'm located in Erie, PA right next to the lake. I'm going to be on here much much more for some guidance as I bring his deuce back to life. I just need some practice navigating the site, I've never owned a computer and can barely work a cellphone. Hopefully it's ok if I ask for some help right outta the gate? I can't seem to find any stickies on adding a 12v alternator as well as what all is needed to switch to super singles, any help is appreciated! Thanks for having me everyone! I'll post more pictures when I can, only worked on it twice and the first time was getting it home so I was more focused on clamping off the brake line to the blown out wheel cylinder to get it home.20220925_124811.jpg20220925_124808.jpgIMG_20220922_192955.jpg

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, welcome to the site, from Maryland. Only been on here myself for a few years.
Most of the SS members on here are GREAT and are a wealth of knowledge, but a few maybe a little gruff.😁
Of course they will tell you to download the TM’s (Technical Manuals) which are located at the top end of the forum, first. They are not like civilian factory service manuals and are a PITA to learn, but after some time you’ll be able to figure them out. It took me awhile before I got use to them.
Next, they’ll tell you to use the search box on this forum and search the web before asking questions. As far as I’m concerned the search box on the forum leaves a lot to be desired.
So, since you said that this is the first time with a computer I hope they will cut you a little break and not give you as much flack as prior newbies. I have found that the really nice and knowledgeable members will respond and answer your questions.
But, I can say that after you get use to the TM’s, they are a wealth of information and your best source. I spent many a days and nights read through the TM’s. When you find what you need in the TM’s printout that section so you have it with you while working on an issues/problem.
Good luck and I wish you the best!
Tom.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey everyone, finally joined after constantly being on this site for the wealth of information that's available. Seems like a great community. My sergeant at work recently purchased a m109 shop van. Outside of work, I have a full time side hustle as a mechanic because that's what I did before working at the prison. I'm located in Erie, PA right next to the lake. I'm going to be on here much much more for some guidance as I bring his deuce back to life. I just need some practice navigating the site, I've never owned a computer and can barely work a cellphone. Hopefully it's ok if I ask for some help right outta the gate? I can't seem to find any stickies on adding a 12v alternator as well as what all is needed to switch to super singles, any help is appreciated! Thanks for having me everyone! I'll post more pictures when I can, only worked on it twice and the first time was getting it home so I was more focused on clamping off the brake line to the blown out wheel cylinder to get it home.View attachment 893090View attachment 893091View attachment 893092
Welcome to the Outfit!

Like @TomTime suggested, the TM's (Technical Manuals) will definitely be your friend. Learning what the writers call parts can be different than what you might call those same parts - and that can drive you nuts! There are flow charts made for solving problems. Those charts will make your life a whole lot easier...

Post up some more pictures and maybe we can move this post to the "Deuce Section".

If you have questions, ask away. We will point you off in a good direction. If you have computer questions, we can help with that too. Downloading the TM's will allow you to search (using Adobe Acrobat) when you want to know about brakes (for example). Using "search" will help whittle down those 500 page books into manageable (useful) chunks.

Again, happy to have you here - and Welcome from North Carolina.

Guyfang

Staff member
Welcome to the forum. I really dont think you will have much problem finding your way around the Forum. And if you need help, there is always someone who will be there. You have a problem, give a call.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks