• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member MV

kurtb

Hi,

Just signed up as a new member a few days ago after being a lurker for a month or so.
My son and I are interested in purchasing a Deuce when the right one and price comes around.
The photo is of a 1963, Series IIA, 109", Land Rover I purchased while I wqas living in the UK. It was originally ordered by the British MOD. The truck was later surplused(sp?) and I am the third civie owner. THe orginal paint was LR Mid Grey. The Owner before me painted it a trashy Camo. I since painted a LR Bronze Green and LR Limestone.
Back to the Deuce. I paid a visit to Jack's Gov't surplus this past weekend and he had quite a few Deuce's parked in several yards ( among other MV vehicles).
Jack is asking $7500 for a deuce + $750 for a hard top,+$1500 for a winch. Will replace tires and batteries as needed. Of course the trucks are AZ titled
Any thoughts?

BTW, Can you Title a MV in AZ with just a Bill of Sale?

Thanks

Attachments

Knucklehead

Nice Land Rover! The Deuce price is on the high side, but if they are in super nice AZ shape they may be a bargain in the long run. I was in AZ a few years ago and saw some AZ NG trucks for sale at a yard and I was amazed at the condition. I am used to the rust buckets up here in the northeast. Those trucks were the cleanest surplus ones that I had ever seen. Compare them to some others from different areas, then make your decision.