• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member - N. GA

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey Everyone,

I am a FNG from N. GA..... Found this place after a search for answers to questions about an LMTV 1088 6x6 I was looking at purchasing.

Relatively certain some version of an LMTV 6x6 is in my future. Just here to research the possibilities.

Look forward to connecting with you all.
Welcome to the outfit! Happy to have you here and don't hesitate to ask questions and post pictures of your potential new green friend. The M-1088 is a tractor, so I have to be nosy and ask what you might be dragging around. The 5th Wheel on that truck is about 5 feet high, so a lot of trailers look a little "jacked up" when you slide under them.

0627Devildog

Welcome to the outfit! Happy to have you here and don't hesitate to ask questions and post pictures of your potential new green friend. The M-1088 is a tractor, so I have to be nosy and ask what you might be dragging around. The 5th Wheel on that truck is about 5 feet high, so a lot of trailers look a little "jacked up" when you slide under them.
Thanks for the warm welcome. Actually, not really looking at it for the 5th wheel as much as the pindle. Looking to be able to haul my CAT305CR Excavator at around (11.5k lbs). Actually interested in how I might bet able to convert it to a flatbed. The seller has one for sale at an added cost to the tractor.

ToddJK

Hey Everyone,

I am a FNG from N. GA..... Found this place after a search for answers to questions about an LMTV 1088 6x6 I was looking at purchasing.

Relatively certain some version of an LMTV 6x6 is in my future. Just here to research the possibilities.

Look forward to connecting with you all.
Welcome to the group! Lots of information here and those with information or where to find it.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the warm welcome. Actually, not really looking at it for the 5th wheel as much as the pindle. Looking to be able to haul my CAT305CR Excavator at around (11.5k lbs). Actually interested in how I might bet able to convert it to a flatbed. The seller has one for sale at an added cost to the tractor.
Good Deal. You already answered my next question. A heavily laden trailer attached to the pintle and no weight on the tandems could push you around in an unexpected sudden stop. AND with no weight on the tandems in the rain pulling a pintle is just plain bad stuff all around. Somebody on the site was offering a bed for almost nothing. That would help a lot and the 5th Wheel would earn you a few bucks if you sold it...

If you decide to leave the 5th Wheel on there and pull a pintle trailer, you could add a "weight box" (ballast box) and help solve that problem.

0627Devildog

Good Deal. You already answered my next question. A heavily laden trailer attached to the pintle and no weight on the tandems could push you around in an unexpected sudden stop. AND with no weight on the tandems in the rain pulling a pintle is just plain bad stuff all around. Somebody on the site was offering a bed for almost nothing. That would help a lot and the 5th Wheel would earn you a few bucks if you sold it...

If you decide to leave the 5th Wheel on there and pull a pintle trailer, you could add a "weight box" (ballast box) and help solve that problem.
That's great feedback, I appreciate the perspective. I was actually contemplating fabricating a "split bed" type system that could fold forward and reveal the 5th wheel in the event I ever needed it.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome to the site from a N Ga. neighbor, if you are able to come to the Georgia Rally 1st of Nov there is usually half a dozen or so running around to checkout and ask questions about. And I'd be sure someone would be willing to let you take one for a spin around the block.

Check it out, Micro
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threa...tary-vehicle-rally-information-thread.204179/

DeMilitarized

Welcome to the site from a N Ga. neighbor, if you are able to come to the Georgia Rally 1st of Nov there is usually half a dozen or so running around to checkout and ask questions about. And I'd be sure someone would be willing to let you take one for a spin around the block.

Check it out, Micro
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threa...tary-vehicle-rally-information-thread.204179/

The rally is also a good place for inspiration on ideas. I have seen many interesting things and ideas at the Ga rally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks