• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member nc

Lild

Thought i take time to say hi.
I should be picking up my new used 86 m1009. Any info i tried looking up for this thing, leads me to this site. So far i see a lot has been covered, & a lot i need to read up on as for the maitiance, or the after pre maitiance.

heres the low down
Older gent bought it a few yrs ago, from the military, with 20k on it. Has a list or had, from where it has traveled around the world (expected more bumper stickers on it) has typical surface rust here & there, one inner fender liner rusted a small spot in the floor & a bad spot on the tailgate. Easy fixes. Other then that its rust free of the fenders & rockers, & body pretty striaght.
So any ways the guy bought to keep on the farm/hunting club. Mainly used to pull other toys out of the mud, which is evident with all the mud caked on the under side, & the only time he got stuck with it, it took 2 tractors, & a toy tk to pull it out, i'd say thats pretty stuck, only used 3/4 of a tank of gas since owning it. He decided to get rid of it cause his use of it was getting less & didn't want it to go to the bad.

so i take it for a drive, cranks right up, motor looks clean, ran smooth, idle just fine. 4wd works good. I ask about his maitiance, & i was told he changed the oil every 5-6 months, other then that no issue. I was surprised at the pick up it had, brakes worked way better then expected got up to 55 mph easily. Feel really good about it. Other then the turn signals may or may not work. Got for 2k.

Look forward to putting my personal touch on it, & learning all the ins & outs of it. Look forward to sharing my adventure of the ride.

ARYankee

Welcome to the site from Arkansas!! Sounds like you are off to a good start. Remember with this affliction that you can't just have one :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks