• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member, new m1008 extra battery wire?

FrankenCub

You know. I did not check that. I connected the wire to the 12 volt power point and now the gen 2 light works. However when I turn the ignition key all I get is a click from somewhere in the engine bay. The starter has no response. The engine appears to be new with a new label and new looking starter with fresh bolts. The starter wiring appears correct. Any ideas on why it won’t turn over? The batteries are new. I also pulled the glow plugs so I could prime the oil and fuel without compression. Crank turns easily by breaker bar. Thanks everyone for your help.
Well that's a good start. The click is probably the glow plug solenoid energizing. Look through the TM to diagnose the starter issue, may not be getting power to the solenoid on the starter. The relay under the dash is a common problem, especially as it has a new starter makes me think it had a run on and burned the old one up. Had the same thing happen to mine but I caught it in time and pulled the battery cable. Had wrenches setting on the battery kinda expecting it in the back of my mind while I was working on the IP problem I had lol.