• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member Question: Red and yellow rear placards

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search fleabay for 6060 Series Military Vehicle Delineator Sign Face.
They ship from Italy. I purchase these as needed from this source. Always good service.
The Part No: DR-9999-3270-7 for the 20cm x 20cm
Mine have always arrived in the original 3M cardboard packaging.
He has been out of them for a while now.

NormB

got 'em in the mail today. Very well packaged, large "manila" envelope, plastic insert with four stickers between two sheets of thin cardboard like the stuff on the back of legal notepads. NOT folded.

Thinking about putting a pair on some aluminum sheet for riveting to body instead of laying over CARC or mudflap rubber.

Overkill, but I like overkill and attention to detail.

YMMV.

Upshot being, the guy I referenced in France HAS them (20 cm style anyway) and they arrive faster than I'd imagined.

Norm

Awol

I had no idea they were this hard to find. I gotta say, I never really liked the way these look on MV's.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had no idea they were this hard to find. I gotta say, I never really liked the way these look on MV's.

To each his own. I personally like the way it sets the truck off (beyond what the bare aluminum tailgate does). I haven't seen another M1078 in personal hands with them so consider mine a bit unique.

IMG_0007.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thinking about putting a pair on some aluminum sheet for riveting to body instead of laying over CARC or mudflap rubber.

Overkill, but I like overkill and attention to detail.

YMMV.

Norm
On the 5ton, they were already mounted on a rigid steel plate as they were take offs and I just drilled extra holes and tucked them in front of the mud flap. On my M998, I mounted on thin sheet metal that I got from Home Depot almost like tin and cut them wide at the top so they tucked into the airlift bumper mudflap and bolted through the holes. When you look at them, they look like they are on the rubber but not :)

The OE application for either size has a 3m corresponding hard plastic back that the sticker is stuck on and then most just bolt through the entire assembly depending on vehicle or stuck on directly to tail gate, panel etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks