• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member - Soon To Be New Deuce Owner! Howdy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

longhorn789

Hello Everyone!

I am a certified car nut and the next target on my list is a DEUCE!

I am performing my due dilligence here and look forward to learning everything I can before stepping off into one of these beauts!

I'll be reading more than posting, so as not to waste everyones time, but any helpful tips and warnings are always appreciated.

Good to be here!! :-D

dabtl

When you get it, contact V V A 920 here in Denton. We are fairly active with them and seem more active than most groups in this area.

stampy

Well I'll start off with a warning for you...I too am a car nut....Now I am an OD Iron nut. The cars still get attention but man! when you get a 6X6....well there is just no comparison. People looked at you strange before but now they will start asking "hey why do you have(X#) of 6X6's or CUCV's you can only drive 1 at a time" My excuse is " I like to be prepared" Welcome to the addiction!!!!:-D

longhorn789

Welcome to SS. You want to look for a deuce with a hard top and a winch if possible.
Thanks everyone!

Well I was wondering about the top now that you mention it.

I like the soft top for top down driving.....but I have a 1919A4 Browning and it sure would go well on a ring mount on top of a hard top....so I am conflicted..

Also, yes. I'll be leaning on that Denton group for know-how and local mechanical recommendations as well as parade opportunities and the like.