• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member South Central Kentucky

swindad2

Just wanted to give a shout out to the Steel Soldiers. I will be hitting the big 40 in May and I've decided it is time I get a real big-boy's-toy. I am looking to buy my first M series truck. My first choice is probably and M35a3, but I love the look of the M923A2's. I would consider and A1 or A2, I just like the look of the super singles. I am a little concerned about trying to register and license a 5 ton truck in KY, so if anyone here is from KY and knows what it will take, please let me know.

Just as I started looking, a local pharmacist here in Franklin parked his newly purchased M35 right off main street for everyone to see. Seeing that one really made up my mind, I have to have one!!!

Awesome website! Looking forward to speaking with everyone and hoping to need some of the reference material soon.

Larry.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Larry,
Welcome. I'm a new member also, Lou.KY. My wife is from Franklin, still have in laws there. Think historic military vehicle for KY registration. Should not be a problem. Farm tag is another option if your truly qualify as "farm". I have a nice M813A1 for sale, just cleaning it up a little. M939 are real cool but the parts and service are a lot more pricey. I have a M931A1 that will be modified w/ a M35 bed. Big units that love diesel fuel. Sounds like you may have a case of the "green disease" it is real catchy. Keep in touch.
JC