• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member - St Augustine , FL

FloridaAKM

Nobody is messing with you, just sharing years of experience dealing with military trucks bought from the auctions.

You see a truck up for auction, or anything else @ the GP auction, you examine it closely from the pictures & hope nothing was omitted in the pictures or description. Big ticket items like generators & trucks need to be checked out in person, either by yourself or someone you trust. If satisfied, bid on it, if you win the item, its yours & you have done all you can to get a good item.

If the item you bought is money pit, you own it & have to get it home or you can welch on the deal. If you refuse to buy the item, GP will block you from all future bidding. I don't know that the original poster did about his truck, but walking away from a bad deal eliminates you from future bidding, but you don't own a parts truck purchased for a running trucks price. No EUC to deal with @ that point either.

I wish someone had told me about these auctions, it would have made my life a little easier dealing with them @ first. Due to my cheap, cautious nature; I only got burned if I went in blindly & overbid or didn't do my homework. Stopping dealing with the auctions was a good thing for me after retirement.

WassawBound

Update, backed out of the bid.

I’m thinking about going a different direction entirely now. RAM 5500. ;) The intent for me was to build an off road overland vehicle with some comfort. I want to get to bird hunting spots with my dog, stay a couple nights then turn and burn. The LMTV was honestly going to be a bit too slow and unreliable for this although I still think they’re really cool.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

I’m thinking about going a different direction entirely now. RAM 5500. ;) The intent for me was to build an off road overland vehicle with some comfort. I want to get to bird hunting spots with my dog, stay a couple nights then turn and burn. The LMTV was honestly going to be a bit too slow and unreliable for this although I still think they’re really cool.
Well, don't be bashful.
Come on back and visit us for some really cool ideas when you get your RAM.
There is no shame in figuring out what you want before you spend your money! :cool:

WassawBound

Well, don't be bashful.
Come on back and visit us for some really cool ideas when you get your RAM.
There is no shame in figuring out what you want before you spend your money! :cool:
Thanks. My buddy has been workingon his LMTV for 3 years now. My bird dog is 4. I’m thinking I better have a project that can get to the hunting grounds while she’s still in her prime. The LMTV will have to wait until after I learned on my RAM build. Maybe GP will forget I bailed by then. Lol

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks. My buddy has been workingon his LMTV for 3 years now. My bird dog is 4. I’m thinking I better have a project that can get to the hunting grounds while she’s still in her prime. The LMTV will have to wait until after I learned on my RAM build. Maybe GP will forget I bailed by then. Lol
Yeah, or maybe GP will get ousted when the next contract gets released. Or you can get a PO Box.
Heck yes! Playing in the woods and fields with a dog is a lot of fun!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Yea saw the truck reposted in lake Butler. Also sometimes the best trucks are ones that have been bought and gone through by members here. Also you just might be helping out with someone's marriage.

WassawBound

An update guys, I wound up with a LMTV. I've since began a M1078A1 to M1079 conversion. My pup and I have put on 10k miles and brid hunted Montana last season.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks