• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new member with fort sill m1009 of 9-9-10

wilsonmotors

ok im new here and got a nice m1009 from fort sill waiting on my euc first one for me it was sent to bc 9-16-10 i was wondering if anyone has got a euc back for that auction or not and i need a check list of what to take with me to get the truck home i live in dallas it says the truck runs i would like to drive it home and how long is my euc gunna take? also i might need a key if anyone can help?

Attachments

ralbelt

That looks like a real nice truck. By the pics the engine is running, looking at the alternator fan.
I would take basic metric tools, fuel filter, dot 5 brake fluid, engine oil, trans oil, a spare set of belts, duct tape, most part #s in the CUCV section under FAQ's.

I have not gotten an EUC recently but from reading on here some are taking up to 90 days.

And remember if its rubber replace it, if its electrical clean it.
Do the "doghead starter relay mod" asap, best $20.00 you will spend.

Best of luck

K9Vic

Yeah in the picture it is running as ralbelt said. Looks like you got a good one as most of them seem to always have missing something and never pictured running. The only thing I would be worried about is a bent drive shaft, if that is the case then you are not going to be able to drive it back. See if you can find out and if you need one I sent you a PM about where to find one cheap. It would be worth it bringing a drive shaft with you just in case.

davidkroberts

ive gotten one out of ft sill recently. they usually drive them to the lot where the office is from somewhere else and i bet nancy would tell you if it had any problems. make sure you bring a key they have a key they use but they wont give you one. i flat towed mine back but it could have been driven home. i didnt even need to jump it off.

Sardot1

Nice Truck. I bid on that one! ....actually I low-ball bid on about 39 of those, but when it came to serious bidding, the wife was watching at the end of the auction so I didn't get my second M1009 that day.

I got my truck about 6 weeks ago. The EUC took about 75 calender days. As far as driving it home goes, it depends upon how much time and ability you have to check it out and do repairs or maintenance before the drive, and you'll need a place to do the work. I have heard that some GL sites do not allow you to drive the vehicle off of the facility...others here could maybe confirm that, or you can call the GL rep at Ft Sill now and ask. At least have your proof of insurance with you when you go pick up the truck.

What I did, that worked out well for me, was I had a towing company pick up the truck and take it to a Chevy dealership and had them do an inspection and oil change before I had the truck shipped to me from the dealership. The advantage to doing this was I was able to get is off the lot right away, because you only get 10 days after the EUC clears, and I had some delay arranging shipping; and I was considering driving it back myself. I had no where to check it out and do any work myself, and who knows how long it could take since I had never even seen the truck, and it had sat for at least 90 days that I knew of since it had last been started.

The downside to doing this I suppose could be an unscrupulous repair shop that tries to stick it to you with some made up problems. And there is a small risk of GL providing the wrong truck to your towing company. I gave the stipulation to the towing company to verify the VIN before accepting the truck, but it did recently happen that somebody here on SS ended up receiving the wrong truck due to GL screwing-up and the trucking company not checking the VIN.

On the other hand.....it looks like you got a nice truck, you may need to just check fluids, check the brakes, test drive it a bit, possibly get an oil change, and go for it and drive home!

Good luck, report back when you get it home.:driver:

Nice truck, I wanted it.:x

Sardot1

One more thing....as soon as the truck is off the GL lot you can order the SF97, which takes about 30 days to get to you. But make sure the info is accurate especially the VIN (which I had verified with the dealership who also pointed out that it was a 1985 not an 84 as advertised by GL) or else you will have problems at DMV.

K9Vic

One more thing....as soon as the truck is off the GL lot you can order the SF97, which takes about 30 days to get to you. But make sure the info is accurate especially the VIN (which I had verified with the dealership who also pointed out that it was a 1985 not an 84 as advertised by GL) or else you will have problems at DMV.
Or get a boned title in Texas as it is really easy to get, but costs about $250 with the bond and TT&L. That is if the SF97 is a problem and you just want to get the title done, a bonded will take you a day of running around town.

wilsonmotors

o and forgot to mention that i was givven a duce tonight the lady just wants it hauled off not shure if it runs or what but i will get to see it this weekend hopefully and post some pics so i can get it identified on the year and type

wilsonmotors

ok just read up on the "doghead relay" ima go tomorrow and get the stuff to do it and take it wih me when i pick up the truck and
just fix it when i pick it up you guys on here are genuis thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks