• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member with "new" Deuce -Need help in Texas-Br

M1.30-'06

Hi everyone.. this is my first post so hopefully i am doing all this right...

I am in need of a few parts for my 72 m35a2 that i just bought.

After 1,000 miles of a 1,200 mile road trip to bring it home the rear output bearing in the transmission let go and took the bearing retaner plate with it. The truck is now broken down near Nacogdoches and undriveable until i can replace those parts.

The transmission is a 5 speed Dana/Spicer 3053A

I need at the very least , the rear output bearing , bearing retainer , seal and snapring. OR , a complete 3053A.

I have limited internet access right now so please call me if you can help. I will pay dearly to get this truck running and back home ASAP.

Thank you.
Hunter Mayfield
713-805-6828

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DR,
YOU CAN ONLY BRING HIM BACK IF YOU PROMISE TO GO 28 MPH!!!

M1,30-'06,
Welcome. There are LOTS of SS members near you. And they KNOW THEIR STUFF. Brent (DR) is always up for an adventure. Contact him and I'm SURE he can help. Again, welcome to the Big Green Iron Family.

jim

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hunter, I've got the parts and you can have them for free. If you talk to DR ya'll can use my tow bar to get it home.

M1.30-'06

Thank you guys for a very warm welcome. This has got to be the most helpful group of people i have found on the net so far... and ive been a member for less than 24 hours haha..

I met up with Brent this evening and we worked on his deuce a bit to fix his coolant leak and malfunctioning alternator , which should be finished up tomorrow or wednesday i would think , as long as the alternator is repairable.

Ken , i may still take you up on the offer of the rear bearing cover and other trans parts. As i think more about the damage , there was no other visible damage to the transmission so i may try to repl. those rear bearing parts and cover and see how it works. If the trans. does need to be replaced , i found a complete 3053A for $100 in dallas.

Anyways, thank you guys very much.

PS - I will post pictures of the damage and repairs this weekend if you guys would like to get a visual.

M1.30-'06

wallew said:
DR,
YOU CAN ONLY BRING HIM BACK IF YOU PROMISE TO GO 28 MPH!!!

M1,30-'06,
Welcome. There are LOTS of SS members near you. And they KNOW THEIR STUFF. Brent (DR) is always up for an adventure. Contact him and I'm SURE he can help. Again, welcome to the Big Green Iron Family.

jim
Brent said someone might mention his low range trip across america.. lol. guess this is it.

Thanks for the warm welcome Jim!

Desert Rat

We have plans for a rescue on Saturday morning EARLY. I have DM's camera and I presume Hunter will have his too. We'll keep all posted!

outlaw

sorry that you had bad luck getting home.
if i had known that something was wrong
i would have told you.

I told you there was a great bunch of guys on here.
good luck on your truck.

Dale Henderson

Hookin1

welcome hunter.....you have found the best guys in the world to help in a pinch......and help get you out of a bind.......we are always glad to help and offer advice(and constructive criticism)......... :)

M1.30-'06

outlaw said:
sorry that you had bad luck getting home.
if i had known that something was wrong
i would have told you.

I told you there was a great bunch of guys on here.
good luck on your truck.

Dale Henderson
Dont woory about it Dale. Not your fault by any means. Im very happy with the truck so far even with the bit of bad luck on the way home. I picked up a 3053 complete for 100 bucks last weekend and already repaired the damage. At first i was thinking it happened because the fluid was too low , but after a second look , the fluid level was only an inch or so below the fill plug... so now im not sure if it was a lube issue or if the bearing didnt like the almost continuous 1,000 mile trip at 50mph...

No worries. Plus i got to learn close quarters deuce manuvers and how to flat tow a deuce properly!

Take it easy.

Hunter Mayfield

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks