• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mike2124

Hi All,

I should have joined SS a month BEFORE I bought a 1 way ticket to drive the LMTV home 1300 miles, not 1 month AFTER. Anyhoo, I guess I was a little lucky and a perhaps a little bit super lucky.

Already got some good advice here, thanks.

Mike from VA

Mike2124

No major issues, and I towed an M105A3 with it through the Smokey Mtns of GA/NC. Had minor issues to fix once home:
1. Disconnecetd 24v at the alternator and Bad voltmeter (fixed)
2. Minor leak in the air brakes (fixed)
3. Bouncing front tires over 45mph (not sure if they are balance-able, a current LMTV mechanic seemed to think not). I will be checking in with some local truck shops but the first one told me they couldnt balance tire/rim combinations this size, and this was a shop that worked on semis.

IMG_2597.jpgFullSizeRender(1).jpg

dmetalmiki

Very welcome indeed, Sounds like you (must have) enjoyed that trip. Brave notion, The truck must be well 'sound'..For the bounce, Try experimenting with the tire pressures. Then if no go, try material to squirt into the valves, Or beads to put in the tires of which you will find various types on previous posts on this site.

Another Ahab

Welcome from Virginia.

And I'm pretty sure that there is nothing wrong with being lucky.

I think it was Napoleon who was quoted once as saying that he:

- "Didn't want Generals that were good. He wanted Generals that were lucky".

Naploeon; he had his good days, and he had his bad days. Sounds like all your days with your new LMTV so far are good. [thumbzup]

Last edited:

Katavic918

Welcome from Maryland. Your tires are probably slightly flat spotted. Most military vehicles sit for a long time at some point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks