• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MoAllen

I want say I am sorry to any members I offended. I offered to check out all and any vehicles at the Jefferson city location. I recend that because it might be unlawful. To my friends on here I have met , PM me if you need to talk.Sorry the picture explaiins it all
Allen

Attachments

ssgtwright-usmc

WOW!!!!
Not going to ask what happened but we can guess where you came from.
You didnt offend anyone here and I hope you dont feel like you have. If you are looking for anything please feel free and send me a pm or e-mail (ssgtwright2515@yahoo.com). Me, 21 years in the Corps and medically retired because of spinal surgery.
That went my goal of getting Gunny.

Elwenil

No worries about offending anyone. I take it you are referring to the "Who's Bidding" post. We were just trying to keep you out of trouble. We have a GL representative here on the board and it wouldn't surprise me if a few more were under cover. I also wouldn't be surprised if a few US Government agencies didn't watch this board considering what we deal with in here so talking about something that could get you a federal violation isn't a good idea and we try to keep everything on the up and up. This is a great site full of great people, you just seemed to start off on the wrong foot. It's no harm and no foul so I wouldn't worry about it.

Oh and if that pic is of you, I really hope you are better or will be soon. I'm going to guess like SSGT Wright that you are in the military and received that as a result? If so, I thank you for your service to our country and for your sacrifice.

powerhouseduece

hope you feel better soon!!! i know there are alot of great people that would help you in a min. notice! feel better and im sure that you will meet alot of cool people on this site!!!

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Ow!! I can't even imagine what you had to go through! Don't worry, you didn't offend anybody here at all. Like Elwenil wrote above, we're just helping you stay out of trouble. Lots of folks don't realize why it's a problem to talk about future bids in too much detail until they get briefed on it.

I think it's OK to offer to inspect vehicles for somebody else (somebody correct me if I'm wrong)... just gotta be careful that the conversation doesn't drift too close to "I'll bid on truck A, and you bid on truck B".

Don't worry, you're among friends here.

MoAllen

Thanks Guys, and for your service SSgt Wright and all my fellow Vets. I just want to have fun . I will need help to work on my trucks (advise) so you are the guys that know all the maintenance. I am looking foward to meet as many of you as I can.
Allen

madsam

I would not feel bad going forward. The people on here are grate at helping out with advice. I have accidentally killed several threads before I learned I could not talk about some things. As for me, I am not offended..

DanMartin

Hey Allen!

We're a pretty good bunch of guys and gals here at SS...I wouldn't worry about getting anyone's feathers ruffled too much around here. We keep this place pretty friendly...in fact I have to say that this is probably the friendliest place I've been to on the internet!

We're all bound by a common interest here...we feed off of each others knowledge and as a whole are better for it. You are welcomed here with open arms.

We do have a couple of strange rules that once explained do make some good sense. These rules are few, and we all understand if new people need help with these. I would just read through the sticky posts at the top of the "new members" forum...that'll give you everything you need to know.

We look forward to working with you on your trucks, and together I hope we can have some fun at the same time. I know this place has been a real blast for me over the last year...

So, welcome! Now, let's get to working on that project of yours!

FreightTrain

Banned
You gotta learn to word your post carefully.As with your previous monster,Make sure you let it be know you are willing to inspect vehicles for someone not that you want to know if anyone is bidding so you won't bid against them.Also,Never post links to any auctions unless they are yours your selling.That goes for GL,GSA,Gov Deals,Ebay,Auctionarms,Bidarms,etc etc etc.Also,No pictures of distroyed us Military Vehicles from battle or IED aftermath.Do not say anything political or that your voting for someone.....Lastly,Watch bad mouthing GL.

Boatcarpenter

Hey MoAllen, don't even give it another thought. That was a 1 on a 1 to 10 scale relative to some of the uproars and discussions we've had going here on occasion :shock:
Thanks for your service my friend :D
BC

dm22630

Re: RE: New member

Boatcarpenter said:
That was a 1 on a 1 to 10 scale relative to some of the uproars and discussions we've had going here on occasion :shock:
You should see what happens when Ford/Chevy or Obama/McCain is mentioned! rofl

Glad to have you around! :mrgreen:

jasonjc

dm22630 said:
Boatcarpenter said:
That was a 1 on a 1 to 10 scale relative to some of the uproars and discussions we've had going here on occasion :shock:
You should see what happens when Ford/Chevy or Obama/McCain is mentioned! rofl

Glad to have you around! :mrgreen:

If you realy want to start some thing, just start talking about putting a 700R4 and 3/4ton axles under a deuce.

Welcome and thanks for your service.

Srjeeper

No harm done MO, you aren't the first and won't be the last. You'll find we don't always agree here, but we always got eachothers back.

Welcome to Steel Soldiers and thanks for your service.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter

jasonjc said:
If you realy want to start some thing, just start talking about putting a 700R4 and 3/4ton axles under a deuce.

Hey Jason, don't you be badmouthing my truck! :lol:

Attachments

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: New member

MO welcome aboard. There is no thin skin allowed on this site. Like you, I am new and have had to endure the jabs for not using the exact term or phrase. We have some critics here, but let me assure you that everyone, will help you in any way they can. This is probably the most well rounded and diverse group of men (and now a woman member) that I have had the honor of talking/chatting with. (Read the posting "What do you do?" Wow, was I impressed) They love their green iron.
I want to say thank you for your service. My son was in Walter Reed for 18 months. Once you are exposed to how many give and the end results of giving, you have a deeper respect for people like yourself, my son and others who put themselves in harms way for us. These guys on this site are do love one thing more than their trucks, trailers and generators, they love this country. I know there will be no debate on that. Once again welcome and thank you for your servive to this great nation.

TommyG45

m16ty said:
jasonjc said:

Hey Jason, don't you be badmouthing my truck! :lol:
I knew that nightmare truck was going to show up here somewhere lol.

Speedy recovery my friend, and like the others, we are very thankful for everytihng ! Look forward to seeing you out here more, and God speed in your recovery.

Kind Regards

Tommy

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: New member

Allen:
I have done tours in Iraq, Afghanistan,Bosnia and now my second time in Korea and you have not offended anyone this is a wonderful site to help you recover from the injuries and so many great folks on this site are amazing. You have got to get to a rally sometime and if you are not well enough to drive I bet one of us will pick you up. I am nearing the end of my service too and if I get sent to the box again I will go. May God bless you special and bring healing to you in Jesus name. We are praying for you and hope to see many posts from a fellow brother in arms.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks