• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Mexico gathering at Elephant Butte Lake 12-14-2013

NMSMITTY

December 14th is the annual Luminaria beach walk sponsored by the Elephant Butte Chamber of Commerce to raise funds for the Make a Wish Foundation. Last Year several of us decorated our trucks with Lights and had our host camp set up. We were the top fund raising camp as well as we won best decorated vehicle. This year we want to take best host camp as well. If you will be in the area or would like to participate feel free to contact me thru the site or by my e-mail directly smithdennisL@msn.com. Ho Ho Hope to see you there.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had a heck of a good time last year. Planning on doing it again.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought I would bump this up. Little more than three weeks to gather decorations.

NMSMITTY

Just a reminder that we are two weeks away. I have a meeting with the Chamber this Saturday the 7th. We should be in the same spot. Currently I have that Tami and I will have both our trucks decorated, CA will also. VPed I have you down along with the Searles, not sure if 1 or 2 trucks. I believe Mark will be down from Alb also, but need to try and get a count if possible by Saturday so I can get passes for anyone who needs one to get into the park. Please Verify by text. my number is 575-496-2112. Anyone else interested please let me know. I plan on having my light controller to hook up to the trucks that plays music and will flash the lights on the trucks.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There will be four of us and I think we will bring two trucks as long as droprat doesn't mind towbaring one up there for us. Hopefully more people will chime in that are going to come.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope to be there with two trucks, an M35 and an M927. One for sure. By the way, I am text-challenged, so only calls or messages through here.

NMSMITTY

Update on what needs to happen. We have Been assigned Lot #2, not sure what that really means since they haven't supplied a map yet but it should be very close to where we were last year. Anyway now the important info. The state parks will be shutting down access to the area at 4:00 Saturday so the trucks need to be there before then. Also they are limiting any "other" vehicle to only 4 per site so we wont be able to have any more than 4 personal vehicles with a special pass, in our camp not counting our MV's and we have two campers that will be set up so plan on parking a bit away. Also this year the state parks are not waiving entrance fee to park for participants so make sure you have your day pass with you or it''s the $5 fee to get in the gate. I am bringing a good size generator so we should have power covered. I also will be bringing several cords but it wouldn't hurt to have you each bring a LONG one with you and a few multi-outlets. I plan on being down to the campsite around 10 in the morning to start setting up things so I need to plan on the layout. Remember we will be judged for our campsite against the other 24 as well as the trucks will be judged against each other so decorate the trucks big time. Also if you have extra stuff to set up like blow ups (if not using them on your truck) bring those to set up as a part of our camp. Most importantly of all is bring treats to give out to folks for donations. Also Tami went thru our mardi gras beads and we have about three walmart bags full of beads to give away to folks also to help bring in donations. Don't be shy to ask co-workers for donations, I already have $40 that folks I work with gave me to put in the bucket. Lets do it up big like only big trucks can. Please call me, 575-496-2112 if you have any questions.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sounds good, we will be there Friday late morning or early afternoon. Powell And I will camp somewhere down by marina del sur if anyone wants to come by and have some drinks. The rest of our group will get in Friday evening and Friday night. Powell cut a lot of wood that we will bring. Hopefully others will be up there Friday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks