• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Mexico members check in here!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Although I'm "permanent party personnel" here in Texas, our secondary duty station is in Alamogordo, NM. (Mother-In-Law's LZ)

Feel free to include me as an "associate" New Mexican.

Thanks,
John (& Dianna, too)
Tularosa here. Got an M819, only slightly non-MilSpec (Removed the military electrical system and installed basic electrical system.)
Psycho:
My M-I-L's actual location is just north of Alamogordo headed toward your location. Might need to connect on our next trip out there.
John

Rodger

Hello all

In the resources section there is a member map. I just listed myself there.
If we all do we can we where we all are.

It would be fun to meet somewhere this spring

Rodger
Placitas
M109A3 camper
M105 camper support
1971 Steyr-Puch Haflinger

RGS20inophir

Hey Ryan, thanks again for helping unload the gens yesterday in my super duper secret desert location. You have been sworn to secrecy. ;)

Get your beast cleaned out and running right yet? Boy, do you owe Jason big time for the freezing cold night rescue!!

Bob, no problem unloading your stuff at squirrel area 51. :p. I do owe Jason bigtime! The beast is picky right now. The crud in the tank seems to migrate its way around when it feels like it. Right now the solution is to flush the filter before I hit the road. Hopefully this stuff passes like a kidney stone. It sure has been as fun as one.

Psycho-6

Technical Status

SirBlissFul,
You say you wanna see pictures of my M819? So do I. I am about the most uncomputer doofus I have ever run into. Don't even know how to use the cell phone my Responsible Adult Supervisor - ess got for me, much less do pictures onto a web site.
Best I can tell you about ol' Clyde is that he's still a work in progress. The doors still have the Desert Storm Friendly recognition hash and there's about three different colors of various cammie paint all over him. The crane cab is missing the door, I still have to mount the front winch, and there's a bunch of parts that need to be taken off, cleaned up, and reinstalled or replaced. My principal reason for taking my sweet time is that I'm not too thrilled about wallowing around in the dirt and heat of a Chihuahua desert summer or the cold and dirt of a winter ('specially the dirt). Got my fill of all that over a twenty-year span of banging around on M-60's, M-551's and M-1's. Soon's I can get a proper shop built I'll do ol' Clyde up proper.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm around Alamogordo, one Bobber on the ranch, one stock M35A2 with snowplow at Cloudcroft.
Welcome aboard, Catskinner!

I've mentioned my Mom-in-law being near Alamogordo already, but DANG you're even closer. She's just a bout a mile north of La Luz, off of Mountain Meadow Lane!!! I didn't realize that any fellow-MVers were THAT close :jumpin:

Again.... W E L C O M E ! ! !

Catskinner

Hello ColdWarrior- Yeah there's quite a few MV's in the area- We should meet and talk sometime when you are here. Thanks for the welcome!!

Psycho-6

OK, Guys, Listen up!
I have a line on a fully operational, just-about-'with equipment'-complete, M246 tractor wrecker. That's the original gasser version of my M819. Right now, the ol' beast is being used as a head-turner/profile-rider/grocery shopping/oversized family car. The owner vouches that it runs smooth, quiet, and like a raped ape. I trust the owner. He's my brother. If anybody's interested, I'll be glad to do the intermediary thang.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks