• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New motor and lift Q's...

MilitaryRestoration

So I finally broke down and bought a rebuilt 6.2 engine with everything on it. Paid 1500.00 and included the metal container all the specs from the tests done to it after being rebuilt and loading :). The guy has more if anyone is interested just pm me. I will get pictures up soon but for now here's the one of the truck which also leads me to my next questions. Obviously my truck is already lifted some what but I'd like to go to at least a 4" lift but would like 6". Has anyone done so or heard of which brand is best to go with and money wise too. As I am getting short since I've bought the truck, bought a new motor, and now have to have it installed. Which leads me to my last question. Does anyone know anyone who can do a motor swap on the side for me. I'm in the state of Washington and can bring motor and truck within reasonable distance to make you/them some side money and safe me some in doing so. Thanks for all the help, wish me luck. Cant wait to get it going finally!

Attachments

AJMBLAZER

RE: New motor and lift Q

Lifting questions, and really all of your questions, can really be answered in depth over on www.ColoradoK5.com .

That said the hot commercial products are Tough Country and BDS. Good quality products for the same price range as the other ones. There's not much to lifting these so the prices aren't bad and you can buy crap and gold for similar prices unfortunately.

I'm guessing a 4" lift...but the pictures could be misleading. Got any pictures of the front springs? Do they bow down at the ends and the springs arch up (like a frown) or the reverse (like a smile)?
Get a measurement from the center of the locking hub up to the lower edge of the fender directly above it. That can give us an idea of how much your truck might be lifted.

CCATLETT1984

no matter what brand lift kit you go with, If you get a 4" then get a 3" drop pitman arm for the steering. If you get a 6" lift then you need to get a drop pitman arm as well as a raised drag link.. DO NOT GET THE LIFT BLOCK FOR THE STEEING ARM!!!!!!!!!

suzukovich

Truck is not lifted. It has HUMMVEE tires on it. Yes, they work on the stock rims don't ask me how. Check for slight triming on frount fender. I used to see it all the time with the Contact trucks. Here in Germany.

MilitaryRestoration

Truck is not lifted. It has HUMMVEE tires on it. Yes, they work on the stock rims don't ask me how. Check for slight triming on frount fender. I used to see it all the time with the Contact trucks. Here in Germany.
It is lifted because of the extra leaf's someone put in. This truck is defin not stock height. No rub and clears the 37's.

Motor came out last weekend and parts (gaskets, gaskets, gaskets, block heater, and more gaskets hahaha) get here next weekend so should have a running cucv within the next week or so. In perfect time for the good ol' b-day. I'll get some more pics up soon. Thanks everyone

MilitaryRestoration

new pics as promised

So trip went well as planned till the unplanned occurred. I was only 30 min into my way home when bang...dud dud dud dud rumble rumble rumble rumble....ahh s#$*. Figured the ol' M101A1 tires gave out on me with the motor weight in it. But fortunately it was just the trucks which still was a surprise. Only had 20,000 miles on them, driving in the mild weather and rain...have no clue other than sidewall damage somewhere along the lines. Anyway got the motor from a buddy of mine who rebuilds them. Charges 1500.00 but they come with his test slips or can give you a copy and does compression and wet compression along with check warped heads and completely going through them to ensure they are good. Then grades them on a 0 - 100% scale mine being 98% and makes sure all components are in tact. So let me know if you are interested. Ended up taking me about 10 hours to get from Vancouver, Wa to Seattle, Wa to Yakima, Wa... :-/ Now the truck is sitting with no motor and me no time to get new one in. One of these weekends I hope... so for now enjoy the pics.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks