• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New mule hauler works great

combat32

Picked up this M116 genny trailer to haul the mule on and it works great, when coming up the ramps you have to climb over either the left or right fender(your choice) but it works out pretty well.I got this generator trailer cover at my club's annual rally this year, I believe it is for the next size larger trailer but works out ok as it covers where the mule hangs over.I pulled it about 200 miles with no problems last weekend.The ramps are a Lowe's special rated for 1500 lbs.

Attachments

rebel_raider

Looks good Tom. Gotta love having a covered trailer for your toy. That trailer looks behind the CUCV too. Thanks for letting us drive the mule Saturday. That only made us want one even more.

ARYankee

Yeah.... Thanks alot Tom!!!! Now I want one because I drove it too. I've been searching the net and seeing what is out there. Anyways appreciate you letting me take a spin in it too.

SgtMajHarper

Picked up this M116 genny trailer to haul the mule on and it works great, when coming up the ramps you have to climb over either the left or right fender(your choice) but it works out pretty well.I got this generator trailer cover at my club's annual rally this year, I believe it is for the next size larger trailer but works out ok as it covers where the mule hangs over.I pulled it about 200 miles with no problems last weekend.The ramps are a Lowe's special rated for 1500 lbs.
I know it's an old thread, but I like going back thru all the old posts as there is always something to learn. I have owned my Mule for @ a month now, I also got an M116 trailer as my hauler and am looking for ramps like yours.....yours's looks exactly what I have planned!!

papakb

The M116A3's that were used to make the M101A3 trailers for behind the HMMWV should have wheel well spacing wide enough to drive the Mules onto without going over the hump. Those that were converted from M101A2's will still have the narrower wheel well spacing.

Last edited:

SgtMajHarper

The M116A3's that were used to make the M101A3 trailers for behind the HMMWV should have wheel well spacing wide enough to drive the Mules onto without going over the hump. Those that were converted from M101A2's will still have the narrower wheel well spacing.
Mine's an A2, had to trim the insides of the wheel wells just like you said.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks