New Munitions Forums!

FloridaAKM

I see your call & raise by two. 1919a4's & Polish RPD's.

Yours probably still have the happy go fast switches on them.

I know, neither the 1919a4 nor the RPD have these switches. It's all or nothing with them.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Love the RPD's. Here's my first one. I have a few others I've built over the years too and a few kits left.

11167672_940198126002374_3224346723791714277_n.jpg

Have two other 1919's mid build right now waiting for parkerizing. And I need to get a bren done for that same batch.

FloridaAKM

Yep, 3 Rpd's here with one in mid build. The 1919a4's are 3 completed & two still kits. To make things even more fun, I found cases of 7.62x39mm Czech Tracer locally. Gotta wait till hurricane season to shoot some to see if they are green or red as some folks seem to think.

GunInstructordotcom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GUN STORY circa 1997. I decide I want to go to the Knob Creek MG shoot so I buy gun #1. After the shoot I tell my wife I need another gun. I was spending too much time doing nothing while the barrel was cooling off. With 2 guns you could fire one while the other was cooling off. Bought gun #2. This worked out just fine, then I seen an ad for a 50 manufactured by AC Spark Plug. I worked at AC for 37 years and did not know that they manufactured machine guns during the war. I said wife," I got to have that gun." So with guns 1,2, and 3, I go to Knob Creek. Now what I discover on the way is that with the guns, accessories and ammo load, my 3/4 ton pickup is bottoming out on every little bump. When I got home I said, "wife.....I need a Deuce and a half to haul all this stuff." Now 24 years later I have the best of both worlds, Guns and an army truck,,,,,,Let the good times roll!
I can one up you here. I bought a semiauto M2HB, a semiauto 1919A4, and then bought a 1970 M35A2C. So I figured, why not create a Vietnam era gun truck? So I fabricated a solid pedestal mount for the Ma Deuce and bought a pedestal mount for the 1919. Now I can shoot from the truck after driving to the range. Nice combination.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was surprised today that in the state of TN, NC, FL there is a GUN TRUST that you can have a gun trust attorney set up a trust for gun owners that even if they own NFA weapons that if they list you in the trust that they can loan you their full auto what ever for you to go shoot or what ever with out them having to be with the weapon they just give you a as i understand it a recipt from the owner listing you as being able to posses this or these firearms and after looking on the web today its an actual law and when you as the NFA owner decide to buy more class 3 stuff the local law enforcement cheif/sheriff only has to be notified of the addition but no longer has a say or their aproval on the new TAX STAMP . If anyone on here has done this or knows more about this let us know

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I can one up you here. I bought a semiauto M2HB, a semiauto 1919A4, and then bought a 1970 M35A2C. So I figured, why not create a Vietnam era gun truck? So I fabricated a solid pedestal mount for the Ma Deuce and bought a pedestal mount for the 1919. Now I can shoot from the truck after driving to the range. Nice combination.
We need pics!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was surprised today that in the state of TN, NC, FL there is a GUN TRUST that you can have a gun trust attorney set up a trust for gun owners that even if they own NFA weapons that if they list you in the trust that they can loan you their full auto what ever for you to go shoot or what ever with out them having to be with the weapon they just give you a as i understand it a recipt from the owner listing you as being able to posses this or these firearms and after looking on the web today its an actual law and when you as the NFA owner decide to buy more class 3 stuff the local law enforcement cheif/sheriff only has to be notified of the addition but no longer has a say or their aproval on the new TAX STAMP . If anyone on here has done this or knows more about this let us know
Good to know! I’m going to talk to some of our WV legislators about doing the same thing!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to know! I’m going to talk to some of our WV legislators about doing the same thing!
Any and all of it can be a double edged sword on one hand all your stuff is on a list in our Uncles house (The one that doesnt invite you over for christmas but does invite you overseas !lol A NFA weapon / any and all tax stamps are an open ended search warrent to your house but i havnt herd of much abuse of that so if you dont mind being an open book and all that being (public record) for everyone to gander at if they choose ! So if you do it have your nose clean and your house in order and play by the rules because any federal weapon charges/convictions 10 yr min no pleaing down ! so a little food for thought . IMHO.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any and all of it can be a double edged sword on one hand all your stuff is on a list in our Uncles house (The one that doesnt invite you over for christmas but does invite you overseas !lol A NFA weapon / any and all tax stamps are an open ended search warrent to your house but i havnt herd of much abuse of that so if you dont mind being an open book and all that being (public record) for everyone to gander at if they choose ! So if you do it have your nose clean and your house in order and play by the rules because any federal weapon charges/convictions 10 yr min no pleaing down ! so a little food for thought . IMHO.
I would rather have a semi ma duece and 1919s 240b 249 and if someone EVER builds a semi M 134 D I will own one if i have to go live under a bridge with my minigun lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks