• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New MV Owner (Recovery Completed, Pics)

1stDeuce

Jim and CCATLETT, I posted pics of my Lansing finds in another thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=24555

Sorry I didn't mention that. It is funny that the blazer that I was hoping to get is now up for auction again... Turns out I got the two trucks parked just behind it in the photos. (There was a mixup between pics/descriptions for the blazer and the tan truck, I bid low and hoped for the blazer...)

Looks like JW4x4 got a couple of nice blazers!!! Congrats!

And my trucks were both treated unfailrly by a big forklift. :( Pretty common for the trucks in Lansing, but no less sad.

C

tlm47201

JW, I must have just missed you. I got there at almost 10am, and darn it, wouldnt ya know. Mine was the only 1009 that wouldnt start so far. It wouldnt jump, the batteries I brought were wrong, so winchec it onto my trailer. Got it home. Ended up being one bad battery. Put one in, it started right up, and runs sweet. Had 26k on the odometer, but the wear onthe brake pedal seem to show 126k. No worry, it drives goodand all seems well. All in all, abargain for $990.

jw4x4

We were late arriving at Drexel (10:30). Did a rush job. Fired up the known runner and put the other unit on the tow bar. Left GL at 11:01. Then stopped for a bite to eat and to examine the runner closer. The runner had over 1/2 tank of fuel. I added a bottle of fuel conditioner and 5 gals of fresh fuel, the gauge moved up, confirming it functioned. Ran and drove super. took them both to my work, tested the batteries of the towed 1009, one battery was bad. Put in a fresh battery and it fired right up (sound familiar tlm?). I gotta get the pics from my camera and post them. A HEARTY THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT AND KNOWLEDGE I HAVE GAINED FROM THIS SITE. And now, I am going out for a couple of celebratory adult beverages. JW

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats JW. Everything went as wel as I had expected. You and Mike and I have pullled off some screwy things, this was almost a routine mission except the mirror to mirror grin!

CCATLETT1984

1stDeuce said:
Jim and CCATLETT, I posted pics of my Lansing finds in another thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=24555

Sorry I didn't mention that. It is funny that the blazer that I was hoping to get is now up for auction again... Turns out I got the two trucks parked just behind it in the photos. (There was a mixup between pics/descriptions for the blazer and the tan truck, I bid low and hoped for the blazer...)

Looks like JW4x4 got a couple of nice blazers!!! Congrats!

And my trucks were both treated unfailrly by a big forklift. :( Pretty common for the trucks in Lansing, but no less sad.

C
I know all about that, my passennger side door is still messed up (gonna just replace it) and the bed was dented as well, replaced that with a rust free one from utah last spring.

jw4x4

Gimpy- thank you for the use of the tow bar. You have greatly contributed to an easy procurement. I am now a small part of the "club" and very proud to be associated with the fine individuals who make this site what it is. I believe it all started with a cucv, and I now have the same roots. Thank you Steel Soldiers, and thank you Mr. Stansbury. I blame Kenny, and thank him at the same time.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Let the "no pics" begin!! :D

nopics

tlm47201

JW, I saw your buddies truck as I was leaving. I remembered seeing it at the 4 way stop as I was pulling out. So far, 1 battery is all mine needs except major cleanup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks