• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new MV show at Carlisle, PA?????

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

At the Sussex NJ show today, I heard talk of a new MV show that is trying to get started next year at Carlisle PA, at the Barracks on post. Supposedly after the Sussex MTA MV show, but before Aberdeen next year? What club is putting it on?

Anyone know any other details?

Sounds interesting.

Last edited:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
We had a member at the Blue/Bray make the recomendation that we do the next years Aberdeen at Carlise, since they were offerring a much better deal that the town of Aberdeen. It was voted down by everyone but the person who presented it. I do know they,Carlisle, would like to host an event. They rolled out the red carpet for us that attended the Guntruck Gathering 2 years ago and have a great place to hold an event. Blue/Gray is a southern MD/DC and North Va club. It would be like asking the MTA to move their show to Ocean City MD. I hoped that helped.

HAWKMAN

Yea, I talked to that fellow too...kind of a shame to let an opportunatey like this go...this would work as an additional show for, say, mid June to the end of August when there isn't much going on, heck how about a 'last show of the season' in early Oct?? just my2cents

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple local groups around here are looking at starting a new MV rally in the July/August timeframe in No. VA, but it would depend on how many guys we can get interested in it. Lots of MV owners within 200 miles, not much going on in the MV world that time of year.

Srjeeper

Fwiw

I got this from the Director of the The U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC) himself, they would be very interested in doing a MTA/RedBall type show there. It would have to be an all outdoor type event.

He was approached by someone about moving Aberdeen there for reasons I won't go into, but beyond that I don't know what ever came of it.

There is the Heritage Days show there May 19th. & 20th., but it's for restored vehicles & reenactors from all era's and you must first register for it. It won't have vendors like the other shows, as this is an Army living history timeline type event starting with the Revolutiuonary War going up thru present day.

Any people or club that may be interested in starting something like that can contact me and I'll be glad to provide contact info..

barefootin

I'd be game for a Carlisle meet as well. With my busy schedule that's about as far as I can go. I'm there for Trucks, GM Nationals, and the Import show. It's been getting thin on attendance the last few years......

gunboy1656

Could also use that old drive in where they hold that big car and truck show every year.

Should eliminate most rules the gov sets up for a show, and still close enough for them to get to.