• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Noob, New M925

Julian

Hello All- thanks for your help!
After lurking for 6 months, and talking to Andyrv6av8r, I learned enough to buy my first MV- an M925A0 from Wright Pat. Plan to pick it up on Monday morning Sep 23, 2013 and drive it 500 miles to upper SC. My receipt is dated Friday, 13th- I hope that is not the beginning of something bad...

Julian HankinsonRF.jpg

Rifleman

Since your driving it home you will need a chase car or truck to go along with you. You need to bring all the extra parts, tools and anything else you can think of just in case you break down. Remember the most important tool you NEED to bring with you is a credit card, one with a HIGH limit for the "just in case" moments that might happen on your way home.

Julian

Success! Andrew at Wright Patterson was a great help with a lot of useful info. After a thorough check-out in Dayton, the decision was made to drive it 500 miles home to Spartanburg SC. The worse part of the trip was my neck- seat stuck full up, I'm tall, so I had to lean over to look out. If I sat straight up, I looked over the parked windshield wiper arm. Second worse thing was the front tires were not balanced and shook annoyingly at times. Made many stops to stretch legs and shoulder muscles and made it home in about 12 hours. I will start a new thread about truck details and questions. Thanks for the offers to help, I am glad I didn't need to accept!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks