• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New (old stock) batteries for use in my M37

I was given some new (old stock) batteries and battery acid. These are batteries that are sold dry, no acid, and you add your own acid.

I remember this type in the Army many years ago, way back in the 70’s. Yes I am old (Member of the "Old OD Green Truck Club”).

I remember filling the batteries with acid to the top of the plates and then charging the batteries. The problem with “remembering” is thinking you have it right.

Does anyone remember using this type of batteries?

Thanks,

Paddy

hemichallenger

I filled many new batterys with acid. You fill them above the plates. There should be a line or circle about half way between the plates and the top. That is where you fill to with pure acid and then charge them with the caps off. If you need to add later down the road you should use distilled water.

hdexpert

We used lead acid batteries for years in the motorcycle industry but most are AGM now. When filling a dry battery for the first time you only use acid and fill till it just covers the plates. After that, top off with distilled water.

Mike_L

Added this to your inquiry on the G503 site. A scan of the instructions that came with some NOS batteries I got a couple years back that covers dry batteries. It came out larger and easier to read on the G503 site.

Pretty much follows what Tennessee Colonel said with a few more specifics.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks