• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New-Old Stock HMMWV?

Person1

New-Old Stock HMMWV?

Sometimes on Gov. Planet HMMWVs that look like they were pulled out of a storage-container and are for sale, they typically sell for about $40,000. Many of them look hardly used and are very complete in terms of what they're outfitted with.

Anyone know where these HMMWVs are from or what they're used for prior to being sold?

mrfarb

LOL. That sir, in my opinion, is a ragged junkbox rattle canned at gov planet to pretend to be pretty. In my estimation the motor is in its sunset days with 20 psi of oil pressure. I guess if you’ve never bought an auction truck you might’ve led to believe that.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Storage for World War III? Rebuild? I’ve owned two. The first, low miles/low hours. The second, low miles/high hours. Both required many man-hours. But once repaired, each have been reliable and very much enjoyed.

Person1

LOL. That sir, in my opinion, is a ragged junkbox rattle canned at gov planet to pretend to be pretty. In my estimation the motor is in its sunset days with 20 psi of oil pressure. I guess if you’ve never bought an auction truck you might’ve led to believe that.
Haha you would be correct! I'm only a hopeful, wishful buyer at this point.

So do they "pretty em' up" to sell better? Add a window, an AC, 5th tire etc..?
I had the impression that they're just an intermediary and couldn't adjust the HMMWVs prior to selling them.

mrfarb

Look at that auction - spray paint over the auction stickers. They spend time trying to make the good ones run from what I’m told (reliable sources). I’m no expert but don’t believe your lying eyes on this one. There are some really nice trucks sometimes, but the devil is in the details. Keep studying and ask questions like this and you will be ahead of the curve. Smart buyer!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also looking at the paperwork I get with these trucks (SF97) GP is the actual seller (owner) of the vehicles.
One doc transfers ownership from the gov. to GP and the other transfers ownership from GP to me.
I have never seen anything that indicates GP cannot do whatever they want with them, only that the buyer must pass the EUC test.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks