• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New owner in Indiana

k5ontherocks

Just picked up my M931A2 on Tuesday from Indianapolis. Bought it off the GL site. Truck had 875 miles when I hopped in and drive it 70 miles home. Love this truck! It's so much nicer than I'd imagined. Can't wait for weather to warm up so I can spend more time with it. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions. Be been reading every second of my spare time. I've attached a few pics. Hope they show up.

Attachments

k5ontherocks

Nice.... is this truck going to be on display and play at our next haspin rally in June...? lookin forward to seeing it....
I am dying for warmer weather to get this to haspin!! we are regulars there with our old jeeps and my monster truck, cant wait to get this one dirty!

k5ontherocks

Don't know if you've been following the haspin thread ( http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=115625&goto=newpost ) but we hold a rally there every summer and fall. This year's rally is from June 11th thru June 15th... everyone is welcomed to join in. hope to see you there....[/QUOT

Awesome. Thanks for the link. I will see you all there! I live about 1.5 hours north of there so if I can help out anyway let me know. I'll post that on the thread too.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do I figure out what model year my truck is?
Not much information to go on . Is it a AM General or BMY Harsco ?
Post some pictures of your data tags . It should have a delivery date stamped in them , but not always .
Or search for the 2014 VIN info thread and read post #1 and follow instructions in that thread.

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trucks that have been rehabbed don't have the year on the plate, I compared my serial number to other trucks that had a date and was able to figure out mine was an 84. K5 I am about 40 minutes south of Anderson and my nephew has a 931 and lives just north of Knightstown.

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to tractor heaven! Whenever you go to title it you shouldn't have any issues at the IN BMV. They'll have to look up the full name for BMY (forget what it is) and they will look up your model.

Then they'll charge you an obscene amount of $$$ since it's not old enough for historic plates!

jdknech

Welcome to tractor heaven! Whenever you go to title it you shouldn't have any issues at the IN BMV. They'll have to look up the full name for BMY (forget what it is) and they will look up your model.

Then they'll charge you an obscene amount of $$$ since it's not old enough for historic plates!
If you reed the actual LAW, it does not have to be over 25 years old for former military tags.. but you will have to go through the main office.. they cant(wont) do it at the branch leval..

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just looked up IC 9-18-14. Didn't know the law existed. I'll be looking into this more as my registration is about to expire.

Thanks, Josh!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks