• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New owner in PA looking for info from other PA owners

PaFarmer

New to the HMMWV scene. Waiting on my SF97 from GP. Looking to get some info on paperwork and maintenance issues from other PA owners. I am in central PA.

This will be the most modern MV I have messed with. The WW2 stuff is simple but expensive.

TheBartman

New to the HMMWV scene. Waiting on my SF97 from GP. Looking to get some info on paperwork and maintenance issues from other PA owners. I am in central PA.

This will be the most modern MV I have messed with. The WW2 stuff is simple but expensive.
No problem getting an on road title.
You will need to go through the enhanced inspection process. Look at the Penn Dot site to find the garages that can do an enhanced inspection in your area. They also take pictures for the DMV to review.
I have spent time talking with a woman at the DMV’s special services department. They have sent technical inspectors out to look at the military HMMWVs in PA. They are not letting things slip by.
I needed mud flaps, backup lights and license place light.
They may require a rear bumper now. Mine had a front bumper I needed to modify to pass.

PaFarmer

I went through the process of enhanced inspection to get a reconstructed title on a Jeep I sank. You can build a car and get a title. I went through a process trying to get insurance on a tube frame rock crawler and not having a vin was a problem, but I was not about to put fenders, lights and a horn on a competition buggy just to get a vin. I would prefer to register it as an antique after going over it to be sure it is safe and fit for use.

I am am also looking for semi local folks that are familiar with maintenance issues like bushings and brakes and other stuff I might not know to keep an eye on.

PaFarmer

I picked up the HMMWV and it runs great. Still waiting on the SF97. You all know the first two rules of Fight Club, don't talk about fight club (at least not publically).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks