• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New "Owner" M923A2

grmuller

I recently aquired a M923A2 for the police department I work for thru the DOD's 1033 program. It seems to be in decent working order and looks good. Haveing no experience with this truck I am looking for any documentation anyone might have for it. I have been put in charge of its operation. I know there is a manual on this site for the truck but after searching I am unable to find it. Can someone point me in the right direction. Also there is a black handle under the brake release lever. Can anyone tell me what that does. Is there an operators manual any where that I can download. I have been reading throught the posts here and have picked up a lot of information. Thanks to the members who run this site. It is a great place for a newbie like me to learn. Here are some pictures of the truck.

IMG_0313.jpgIMG_0310.jpgIMG_0311.jpgIMG_0309.jpg

GHall

That's the transfer case hi/low shift lever.. Look at the top of this page for the "Technical Manuals". Lots of info there, good luck.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Erixun is correct that the new manuals are better. There is also a complete new series of 3 parts and 5 repair manuals with trouble flow charts. Much better to use especially with any abs brake troubleshooting.
Check the 5 ton forum and search for "motherload" to get the info on where to download them for free.

Welcome to the madness!

Where is Huntington?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I am in CT I have 2 of them they are great trucks. There is always something new to learn about them. I bet this winters big storm got a lot of departments thinking about having a big vehicle.

grmuller

That is the reason we got this one. The Sandy storm debris blocked access to half our residents. We are hopeing to be able to forge thru the higher tides with the truck.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You should read my water fording thread. Its the general consensus that if you go thru water past the axles you need to service them after and if you go over the chucks without a fording kit (which are non-existent) you will take in water and have to change the fluid and if its salt water whow knows what it will damage. It will get you thru the few days of emergency you will definetly need to do some serious maintenance after or things will rust up inside.
Will

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks