• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new owner of a M923A2 truck

maxtor

Well, I just did it. When it arrives, I will take some pictures. No rust, clean with 15,912 miles and 852 hours. The engine looks very clean.
Any suggestions on what I should inspect, would be appreciated.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Operation manual then do a full inspection. Oil,tranny, diffs, transfer case, coolants, belts, power steering. Grease it and you really have to look for them all. Check lights, bats connections. If cargo cover check it to be sure its secure mine about came off on the way home the super rope was rotten, air filter .

quickfarms

Depends on if you bought it from a private individual or GL.

Either way do a full service, so you have a base line on all of the fluids.

If you are not familiar with heavy duty trucks you should have a competent shop due it.

What year is your A2?

maxtor

I am not sure what year it is. I purchased it from GL and have only seen pictures of it via the internet. On one picture it shows it is compliant with 1990 CARB laws. What is the best way to tell the year? Date delivered tag was not legible in the picture. I meet the transporter tomorrow. It will be a 600 mile delivery. And no, I am not at all familiar with heavy duty trucks, so your idea of having a competent shop look it over is a good one. Description was, has batteries and runs.
All tires are up and look very good. The bed, interior, top, dash, and rest of the truck looks very good. No rust anywhere.
It looks like who drove it last took good care of it. It will be a week or so before it arrives.
It does not have a cargo cover, but has side rails in the bed.