• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New owner of a M925

Rifleman

Well lady's and gentleman, my wife and i took the plunge today and won the bid at a G/L auction on a nice M925. This will be our first military truck, we went and looked at many M35's but my wife just didn't like them. The truck we won had a B4 condition code and went through a rebuild in May of 09 at the Red River Army Depot and has only 37 miles on it and 6 hours on the clock since the rebuild and get this it also got new paint that same year. We now are lining up a trucking company to pick up the truck and deliver it to us in about 10 days. Anyway my wife and i am looking forward to meeting other S.S. members and we will post some photos of our new truck once we get it.

Scarecrow1

I am glad you and your wife shared it this purchase. It's good to have a partner who is behind you in this hobby and it makes it twice as enjoyable. Ask me how I know .. :)

randygk

A good wife is important in playing with OD (or CARC) iron. Mine even put up with 6 deuces, I told her "you won't even know they are there and we'll have to send the dog out to find them amongst the trees". Lately got rid of 3 deuces and will now add the 5 ton. As Fibber says "there goes a good kid"

Rifleman

Okay i have a question for all the G/L auction experts here. The truck i just bought was listed as condition code B4, and when i looked up code B4 i said great my truck should be in really good condition seeing as it was just overhaul and has such low miles. Now today i was looking at the G/L auction web site and i came across a M923A2 truck with a "A" condition code ( per G/L info this should be in "new" condition) only problem is this truck was beat, all the tires were shot, all the gauges were missing out of the dash, overall condition was very poor. So my question is this, since this "A"code truck was so beat, then how much faith should i put in my "B4" code truck being in good shape or did G/L just make a mistake giving this other truck an A code? The good thing for me is my wife really likes these trucks and i told her that since ours is a code B4 we can't go wrong, but if it gets here and it's not in great shape i feel i am going to be in the dog house.

HASSON1911

I don't know about anyone else but for me, short of the pictures I wouldn't put any trust in GL farther than you can throw a 100 lb. rock

Last edited:

Rifleman

So were you the guy that i was bidding against for the M925 without the bows and tarp on the back? Just to let you know my wife and i were at our bid limit with our last bid (due to the extra cost of taxes and shipping added to our winning bid) and had you bid one more time you would have won it. Did you drive up from San Luis to look at that the truck in person, if you did how did it look? Just one more thing how long have you lived in San Luis, two of my wifes brothers lived right by you, one use to live in Atscadero and ran a computer repair shop called Help you compute and her other brother still lives in Paseo Robles right next to the airport and worked in San Luis driving a city bus, small world huh.

SLOrazorsedge

OMG, aaahhhggg, LOL. I debated with my kid over popping one final bid. I was going to pop one more time at another $150. It would have been my 4th 5-ton, but first M925. I recently won a M923A1 soft top Red River 2010 rebuild from Nellis. I was considering flipping the hubs on your M925 and singling it out, dualing my M923A1 and selling it. I really wanted a hardtop M925. I saw that you chased the other M925 with the bows and canvas too but bailed in the low 4K. I tried to chase you back to it but got weak in the knees after my final bid. I think we still pushed the bidding to about 1719 hrs eastern time. It was just you and me.....everyone else was in a lather for the M9232A2's and the M929 dump trucks.

It is a small world. I'm a retired LEO from SLO served over 30 years. I've lived in SLO area since 1970. I knew a bunch of the city bus drivers having rescued them from the transient invasion. Your truck is sweet. Don't know if how much you studied the video details but w/o looking back I think it has less than 10 miles and 3 hours since the rebuild. I fondled yours and several others two weeks ago while picking up a M1102 hardtop trailer. I'm going to French Camp this coming Tuesday to pick up 3 pallets of HEMETT and FMTV wheels. PM me if there's anything I can do for you while there. Congrats again brother.

Dale

Rifleman

Dale, did you happen to know a San Luis city bus driver by the name of Mark VanValkenburg, if you did that would be my wifes brother. I also wanted to thank you for your offer to look over any items for sale at French Camp but i think it's going to be awhile before we buy anything else, i think you can understand why, we are a little tapped out after paying for our new truck. Anyway please stay in touch and if you ever get over to the Phoenix area and need help with your truck just let me know because i have a full Welding/Machine shop at my house. Oh one more thing my wife just loves Moro Bay and we might be driving over this summer to spend so time there, so is there any chance you might want to meet up with my wife and i for a bite of lunch? Jeff

SLOrazorsedge

Hi Jeff, it looks like we both are late night owls! Your brother in laws name seems familiar, just not sure. He probably would remember me better. Lunch date anytime your over on the left coast of course! I'll leave you my email address so we can exchange contact info here. Take care.

Dale
Email: SLOrazorsedge@aol.com

Rifleman

Thanks, i hope to take delivery of my M925 this coming Friday 3/29/13. I just read on another thread that the Red River Depot rebuild on my truck may "not be that great". I just hope that my rebuild was done on a Monday, after the guys had a great weekend with their family's and took the time to do the job right. I am going to post some photos of my truck once i get it. Anyway good luck with your new addition, if your like me and this is your first military truck i am hoping it's not too steep of a learning curve.

SLOrazorsedge

Jeff , French Camp only does load outs on Tues thru Thurs. You should call (209) 983-0175 and make an appointment with Leina. They will need your ID info 2 days before your scheduled load out on your first visit. Are you planning on driving your truck home?

Dale

Rifleman

Dale, i have contracted with a trucking company on UShip to pick it up at French Camp, load it on a flat bad and deliver it right to my front door all for a grand total of 1600 bucks. The cost of having our truck shipped to us was one of the reasons why when we made our last bid we were maxed out. Like i told you before had you bid one more time you would have won the auction. When you add in the final cost of our winning bid, along with the state tax, then the 10% auction fee, and last the shipping cost you can see that it runs into quite a tidy sum. We calculated the cost in gas, food and hotel to drive over to get it, then the cost of fuel for the M925 to return home, so we were looking at around 900 bucks round trip. I was also worried about driving it home without doing an oil and filter change after sitting 3 years since the last maintenance was done on it, or even worse having it brake down then needing a road side tow along with whatever repair cost to get it going again. My wife and i felt that having it shipped to us was the safest idea even though it cost us an extra 600 bucks over what it would have cost us going and getting it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks