• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Owner of CUCV

Hornet Driver

Also new to this site. I just acquired a M1010 Canadian version. Only 30 purchased for Canada. None of my box lights work inside. No fuel guage, dash lights are working condition. Tried sifting through other threads but did not see any info. Can anybody steer me in the right direction?

rollingcoal

check your fuses. I had the same issue my fuel, battery, oil and temp gauges did not work so I replaced all the fuses and they worked. The dash light you will have to take the instrument cluster off and replace the bulbs.

rollingcoal

I would not be able to tell you how to remove the selector mine is a manual and I could see how trouble some that may be for you. Aside from the gear selector the hard part would be disconnecting the wire attached to your speedometer it uses a clip the you need to push up and away from the dash to remove it. Let me look for some pictures. I may have some to explain a little better.

howardc

Groovy How hard is it to install a Dash light? i dont want to mess up the gear select indicator above the sterring colum

It's held in by two screws. Easy to take on/off, but the orange needle might be brittle. Depending on the light that needs replacing, you can reach behind the panel and get to it...

znettle96

It's held in by two screws. Easy to take on/off, but the orange needle might be brittle. Depending on the light that needs replacing, you can reach behind the panel and get to it...
I need to replace the blue light for the head light and the light for the Speedo and Gas gauge

richingalveston

I do not recommend trying to replace the bulbs without removing the cluster. Your problem may not be the bulb but how it is connecting to the printed circuit board. If you do not have a problem with the board, you probably will once you try to replace the bulbs without removing the cluster.

You need to go ahead and fix it right and remove the dash and cluster. I would replace all the bulbs while you are in there and get some electric grease on the connections. The three lights you are talking about, I believe run on the same branch of the circuit board so you probably have a board problem.

Unless you watched each light burn out individually, that many bulbs out is probably not a bulb problem. All the bulbs in the cluster are the same.

I replaced mine with red LED, they do not dim but they do not need to with the red, the light is perfect. I did a lot of other crap to mine to but that is beside the point.

usabamaman

I just replaced my burned out alternator #1 light bulb. It works now but now alternator # 2 does not. I think I arced the voltmeter while checking the lights. I replaced the blown fuse for the # 2 and checked all the other fuses, but still nothing.I used the good bulb from alternator # 1, so I know it is not a bad bulb. I have checked all related threads here, but haven't found the problem yet. Also I found that all the other dash bulbs that were not working would if they were wiggled around, so most of the sockets are stretched from time. I have avoided touching any thing electrical due to my fear of something like this. If it would charge without this light working, I would have left it alone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks