• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New owner saying hello

zaxcucv

Just bought a desert tan 1986 m1009 sight unseen from Motorsource Inc. I've been looking for a while and this unit looked very clean out of AZ. This forum is a great resource, and I'm glad to be a member and a new owner. A little blasphemy here... It'll be flat black within the week. I'm not driving a tan anything around.

zaxcucv

i bought mine sight unseen from Jeff also. i flew to Ohare and took a cab to Motorsource Inc. did the paper work. drove to Iowa to visit a friend. drove it all the way back to Texas with no issues. it is still tan. however, my M109a3 is black. it is yours so whatever makes you happy. [thumbzup]
Thanks, and glad to hear the feedback on Jeff, he seems like a standup guy so far. I get the car on Mon or Tues and can't wait...my first cucv!

SPCWarning

Welcome from Mississippi

Welcome to Steel Soldiers! How bout some pics of your new CUCV? (after you get it, of course)

Last edited:

combatmech

Welcome to the MV addiction support group!! Bought mine sight-unseen as well from a dealer in Texas.
Think you'll like how the black will turn out.....It's your truck!! Make it your own!![thumbzup]

Jerchambers

Just bought a desert tan 1986 m1009 sight unseen from Motorsource Inc. I've been looking for a while and this unit looked very clean out of AZ. This forum is a great resource, and I'm glad to be a member and a new owner. A little blasphemy here... It'll be flat black within the week. I'm not driving a tan anything around.
Welcome to the forum... I am sure you will find lot's of information to help you along your way.

zaxcucv

Welcome to Steel Soldiers zaxcucv, and enjoy your new ride- it looks REALLY sharp! :beer: Oops, I was looking at Darwin's; compliment to you sir.
It arrived yesterday, will post some pics tomorrow when the sun comes out. Today was dedicated to figuring out a lighted license plate mount for the rear of truck, figuring out the blackout lights and rear window winder (what, there's a key in the middle of the winder that needs to be unlocked?) Kudos to Jeff of Motorsource so far, everything is exactly as advertised, even down to the leaking rear main seal (will be fixed next week). I understand that the GL auction is a great way to save money for the do-it-yourselfers out there, but for a Noob to Cucv's who is not a mechanically minded individual, it helps to have someone who knows a bit about the beast to walk you through some basics that you all are familiar with. This is appears to be a fairly well sorted out, highly maintained driver... I'll have a mechanic go through it next week and I'll find out what's really what. Thanks to this site for all the help so far...tons of info here!

In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving to you all, may you all enjoy good food, good company, and lets say a prayer for the young men and women of our armed forces that allow us to celebrate these freedoms and wish them a safe return home!

Attachments

SPCWarning

Nice !

That looks like a real clean CUCV you got there. I bet you're glad to get 'er home! Interior looks nice and straight too. Congrats! :-D
Jimmy