• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New owner with a few questions :)

bspellerin

Folks have pointed out quite a bit of the details regarding indicators that this was a gasser. Here are a few additional points not yet made. The tie down anchors in the bed were certainly added. The. Ones with the square plate as you have were a kit. They are uber useful andmmuch stronger than they look. The frame number can actually be in 4 different places. Both sides near the shock mount or very close to the frame. If the number does begin with an M, congrats, you have a Studebaker. Years could be 1951 through 1962 and maybe even a little 63. Abandon allm hope that the data plate is original, it's not. Continue this thread when you return and we'll sort it out further.

I will do just that and thank you!

bspellerin

Folks have pointed out quite a bit of the details regarding indicators that this was a gasser. Here are a few additional points not yet made. The tie down anchors in the bed were certainly added. The. Ones with the square plate as you have were a kit. They are uber useful andmmuch stronger than they look. The frame number can actually be in 4 different places. Both sides near the shock mount or very close to the frame. If the number does begin with an M, congrats, you have a Studebaker. Years could be 1951 through 1962 and maybe even a little 63. Abandon allm hope that the data plate is original, it's not. Continue this thread when you return and we'll sort it out further.

Today I got my first look at my Deuce, very impressive. I took some pics of my frame number M55525, it was mention in the above quote, if it begins with an "M" congrats, it's a Studebaker, what is the significance of this?

As my Weight and Dimension Data plate is not original to the truck, is it worth asking Carnac what info he can conjure with just the frame number?

Once pressed up, are the air tanks supposed to stay pressured up?, after I shut down the engine, I can hear air bleeding off near the compressor, is this normal?

Man, this truck attracts attention, a lot more than the Ferrari, on my first drive yesterday I was asked if it was for sale. The Deuce and the Ferrari actually have something's in common, no power steering, same shift pattern except 4th and 5th are swapped, LOUD and a blast to drive.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks