• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Owner

SpecE30

Group,

I just bought a 1965 Kaiser deuce. I'm assuming this is the correct forum and that I have an M135. I'll read-up on these forums so as to not ask the same questions you have seen many times.

My son is in the Capital City Young Marines in Raleigh, NC and I've been asked to drive the deuce in the Veterans Day Parade in November with them. We'll also do local cruise-in events, etc.

We're looking forward to many years of fun with this truck.

Attachments

3rdaavbn

My son was in the young Marines in Atlanta years ago. It's a really good program. Make sure you go through the breaks first. Just think '69 pick up, only bigger. DOT 5 fluid. and change all the fluids. There is no telling how long it has been "at rest".

61sleepercab

I would suggest that you run an oil analysis on the engine oil as a base line test. Lots of heavy equipment dealers have oil test kits available, Caterpillar dealer here has them for $15.00. Tells you about bearing wear, fuel in oil , and antifreeze in oil that may not be readily visible on the dipstick. Have fun, drive slow, and give traffic and non movable objects lots of room. Mark

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ENJOY your truck!! Be safe, and enjoy the forum too! LOTS of info and good people here!! Looks like you have a M35. Did you get the trailer too?

God bless,
Tony

whiskey357

Banned
Well welcome to the green bug bite fest....congrats on the new MV....I have a M35A2......1969 Kasier...rebuilt and lots of good extra stuff on it ...never stops.....have fun and be safe....always except the unexcepted or expected.........Highly suggest getting the MV checked out all the way.......that way the walk back to the store is shorter ....again welcome to the green madness.......