• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New paint camo for my all tan m923

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Very nice, what paint did you use on top??
I used the Federal Standard color 686 sand and 383 brown Wally world has it in their computer plus all the carc colors. I put the brown where the black should be and don't know if I will use the black or not. Put 2 coats of white elastomeric on roof to help with heat load in the box.View attachment 438328001.jpg

Last edited:

jd 9760

I personally think the desert tan trucks are ugly. To me there's nothing better than a woodland colored camo pattern. But what you've done with your's looks good. really helps break up the tan and it looks like it should be that way. I like it

Why didn't you paint the stake sides and troop seats?

Last edited:

goldneagle

I used the Federal Standard color 686 sand and brown Wally world has it in their computer plus all the carc colors. I put the brown where the black should be and don't know if I will use the black or not. Put 2 coats of white elastomeric on roof to help with heat load in the box.View attachment 438328
I think the red would look good with the color pattern you have.

tobyS

Just a personal preference, but I like the tan over flat black below.

bigboy44

I like it a lot, I am not a fan of the Tan trucks but your paint job is a 100% improvement in my book. Good Job and thanks for the pics.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have learned that almost any paint job makes the truck look better. Yours is no exception. Looks good.

tobyS

Ok, I see what seemed not quite right to me, it is the light bottom areas like the frame and tanks. Perhaps consider a black or darker bottom area. It contrasts sharply with your green yard in your photo.