• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Paint job! For photo shoot

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very Nice looking truck. What paint did you use? Looks similar to a Vietnam era green not the darker CARC green. Much like my 5 ton. Need to put a coat on that shinny steering wheel chain or at least wrap it in OD Duct tape.[thumbzup]

Thanx for posting the pictures.

jakerecon

I don't know why the pic loaded sideways....... As far as the paint I used Behr exterior on it. Went on great! Can't beat painting a truck for $50. (2gals) I used the Color code from a thread on the site here. it was OD green.

DeucesWild11

Looks great but I got you beat..I used 3 quarts of Rustolem Flat black in a paint sprayer at $30.. Can you still open the hatch in the floor with the liner all over it??

jakerecon

Yea i just coated around the floor latch real light. Works fine. Paint gun is my next purchase. Although we had 6 people helping with the painting, so it went quickly. Im really excited, just received my power inverter today, we ordered 2 remote control spot lights for the top on the truck. I'll post some more pics when we get those up and running. Also installing a radio, CB radio, dome lights. Anybody with helpful insights for any of that stuff plz chime in lol. Electrical is not my specialty.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good, that OD looks kind of brown. What color code did you use to get it mixed up?

DeucesWild11

If you are looking for electrical conversions 12v and such there are several threads here. I got two off road lights on the front and just got two 24v bulbs to replace the 12v. Anyway the thread here I like: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-...5511-all-stuff-i-did-my-deuce-right-here.html Zewerzuk did some cool 12v lighting that seems like a good way to go. He has a great write up and compares a few different ways of doing it. Best of luck with it..

Tlauden

Wow, I LOVE that black floor. Is it bed liner paint or just black?

The whole truck just simply looks good!!! Great work

P.s.

Maybe post the paint code in this thread so people can see what code will get them this color. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks