• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Paint

dragman

Thanks Guys........I got the paint from Rapco.........383 Green......this stuff is fool proof!....Its Gillespie and let me tell you its very easy to use, if you have never painted, you CAN with this paint, i used a really good gun, but i have been told you can use a $25.00 one and get same thing. .....Just do it...thats how you learn, I paint all the time, so i know junk when i use it.......If you guys were closer, I would be happy to shoot them ..........Thanks Again...you make an old guy feel good........Vince

Last edited:

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Glad to see it turned out well and you did it yourself, Ive seen others pay over 1,000 dollars for a pint job states away. Just takes time and you can say " I did that" . Good looking truck and the pride that you did it :-D A+ - Jay

ctmustang

Goodlooking job. I finished mine a few weeks ago. Gillespie is very easy to spray. Only next time I will use hardener in the paint. Send me some sunshine. I enjoyed the painting and if anyone in NC wants their truck sprayed for free let me know after you sand and get it ready!:p
CTMustang

tm america

great job.looks great i need to paint mine unce i put my new body parts on .how much paint did it take.did you just scuff up the paint and shoot over it or sand it all the way down seal and prime it then paint

dragman

I just scuffed it up, I did sandblast in some corners where there was rust and paint flaking off, then pressure wash it down, Make sure you sand runs and any marks in the old paint, if you can see it....You will see them in the new paint. Sand the old numbers, letters, etc., off, or you will still read them.... The better you prep it, the better it will look, DO NOT sand to bare metal, if you have some showing, use spray primer on it....it will take around 2 Gal to paint the truck, thats 2 coats, does not include inside the bed, i bought 3 gal.....depends on how many coats you put on.....:-D

jimmcld

The Gillespie spray cans work great too. They will make you throw rocks at Krylon or some of the other major brands. The advantage to the spray cans is that you can do a small part at a time without having to prep and shoot the whole truck at once. I've done six vehicles with spray cans and people can't believe it wasn't shot all at once with a paint rig.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks