• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New pics of the Messiah

FreightTrain

Banned
Got some pics today of the Messiah and found out what year the engine is.It is newer.5-90 LDT465-1D 134HP blaa blaa blaa.

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
Well,I was going to call it Allah but decided to name it after my savior instead and it kinda fit in my mind with it being the second comming.I am a christian myself so there was no anti-Lord meaning behind it.

citizensoldier

Messiah is fine by me.. It will be "JESUS CHRIST!!" when it breaks down anyway...LOL... Mine are that from time to time.. Is that cage on the back for you? So you can feel right at home? Just like the old days in prison trasport eh?

kaiser2help

I know you can come up with a better name. No offense taken. She looks good and should be given a suitable name. When I bought my 5 ton it had letters across the front of the hood that spelled LUCKY .They look old and possibly original. Perhaps you could find a name for that nice truck as well.

dc3coyote

Remember God must have a sense of humor, he invented Flamingos, bananas, and hippies, yes even those hairy dirty hateful hateful hippies. So he is probably glad that you named a Duece after him insted of naming your outhouse after him. NO OFFENCE intended, but if it offends you OK

jasonjc

I thought that the EPA would not let them make any LDT's after the ealy 80's???
I've got a pos truck that has a '86 I think in it.

poppop

I have no problem with the name. I am sure when Sarge went to New Oleans many people thought he was their Savior. The Lord works in misterious ways and I feel sure he does not object to OD green.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: New pics of the Messiah

I can only say that I too have one Messiah and that is Jesus Christ the name of the truck is ones own choosing and as long as anyone hears this name they should immediately think of the true one. I think it may be time for a little air brush artwork on this one so that folks who see the name understand that it is not a mockery of our LORD and Savior. He was mocked and beaten abused by sinners like me and you for one purpose to make a way for us to be reconciled to GOD. I still don't have names for any of my trucks and always thougth that trucks had names already, M35A2, M52, M1009, I have trouble remembering names as it is so that makes it easy for me.

I know that God looks upon the heart not on the outward appearance of things so one man's idea for a name is not going to shake the foundations of heaven. I hope we all realize that the greatest commandment is to love God with all of our heart and soul and mind and to love our brothers as well. That gets me past a lot of outward appearances.

Nice looking truck, I added length to the side boards of my M127 so I could walk under the tarp. There is a picture of it in the Lube Trailer thread.