• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New plasma torch is DA BOMB!

Blood_of_Tyrants

Just got a cheap 50 amp plasma cutting torch to cut on the deuce and tried it out. It is DA BOMB! After cutting through 1/2" steel plate with almost no effort, I just stood there and grunted like Tim The Tool Man Taylor. My wife wasn't as impressed, but she hasn't sweated and grunted to cut corroded bolts and steel angle iron.

After that I felt the need for a cave and a fur pelt and a big club.:cool:

I can start the REAL work on bobbing my deuce now.

Blood_of_Tyrants

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Make sure your air is DRY! After I added a refrigerated compressed air drier, my consumables last 5 times as long. That was the biggest expense for me. Still is, but way not as bad. Can you get the consumables near home?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a pretty good size Miller (don't remember the model #) in on trade from a guy that owed me some money. Had it for a couble of months but haven't tried it out yet. Guess I'm kind of old school with a O/A torch but I'm sure it will come in handy cutting sheet metal, AL, and stainless.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ty, it takes some time to get used to, but they sure are nice. You should monkey around with it for sure.