• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Plow for my truck.

scooter01922

it's a good thing you got that crane working, that thing must weigh a ton. Looking forward to seeing how you go about mounting it.

madsam

I haven't figured out how to mount it yet. I got all summer to figure that out. I bought it off a neighbor for $200. Probably close to scrap price.

P.S. I am glad I have the crane too. It is nice to have that part running. The more I ues it the smother it gets.

madsam

It is all manual. I don't think it will be too heavy. I have to figure out how to connect it and lift it up still.

saddamsnightmare

April 19th, 2008.

OH,OH!!! :twisted:
Looks like some of the snow in the swale in the background didn't believe he meant business....it's still in the trenches looking at him!!!! Now's his chance to buy one of those really massive Oshkosh plow trucks from the USAF...... That'll scare the snow right back to Canada , where it belongs..... [thumbzup]

Cheers,

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce.
M105A2 Johnson Mfg. Co. 1-1/2 Cargo Trailer, MERDC or NATO 4 color Woodland, Okla. Army NG unit.
1967 MEP23A Hercules Gasoline Generator Set, OD
1963 Swiss Army Mercedes Benz S404.114 Cargo Unimog, NATO green

Bendawg

Do you have a winch you are going to use with it ? If so I would love someclose up pics when done. I have been thinking of doing the same thing with my Dumper. ( If I keep it )

Norseland

Cripple creek

Hello Madsam,

My friend used to have a place out that way, they were a bit east of Canon City, from his driveway if you turned north you could take a slow gravel road all the way up to Cripple Creek, His wife, brother in Law and himself ended up selling cause a guy bought land to put in a land fill right next to him, did that ever go up? looking on a map I think it was 67.

The whole thing was a real shame, they started to make aproperty of their own, great water, turned out there was an underground aquafer, and the dump still won the judgement.

madsam

Norseland - there are 2 roads to Cripple Creek from canyon city.

Shelf road and phantom canyon.

Phantom canyon is an old narrow gage train route with tunnels and bridges. 27 miles and takes about an hour.

Shelf road is an old stage coach road running the edge of a canyon. This is 22 miles and takes about 1.5 hours.

I am not sure the wrecker would fit on either road very well.

I like living here, but it is a harsh place. Cripple Creek is an old mining town where they billions of dollars in Gold from 1892 to now. They are still minning. It has gon from underground to open pit.

yorkgulch2

plow

Madsam
I have what looks like the same plow 11ft. I am mounting on my m35. I am using the bracket that came with is but triming it to fit inside the springs and Ubolted to the springs or axle with 2x4 tube running back to rear and pivoting on a bolt at middle axle. I will send pics. I am still looking for a hydraulic-electric 24v lift for it.

madsam

RE: plow

Nothing came with my plow. But I only paid $200 for it. I have my eye on a mechanisum from an old truck in victor to modify for my use.