• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New plow for the M1009

Screamer27

I current plow truck is a 91 K5, with a SF 14bolt in the back, and 8 lug 10bolt up front, 4 leaf pack up front and a 6 leaf pack in the back resting on 33x12.50 BFG A/T's. Strengthened the steering box mount area, 6 new Bilsteen shocks, and an old beat-up meyer blade. I'm going with a western 8.6 MVP next year on it. I've been plowing for years, and yeah, its funny watching people stand back in amazement watching what a k5 can do with a blade, compared to some of the newbie's in a reg ol' 3/4ton truck. The m1009 will prolly get the meyer for next year and be used as a back up truck, its a shame though, its in such good shape.

Attachments

hounddog

Had a 1976 K-5 that I plowed with for 20 years with a Western 7 1/2 blade. Best damm plow truck around, run circles around everyone. Looking forward to putting another Western on my M1009............although that Boss looks interesting.

Katahdin

I plow with a 93' 2-Door Yukon 1/2 ton, mostly just 450' of driveway. I do like the maneuverability of a short wheelbase. The only time I use ballast is when my wife is riding along side me. :D

I could be tempted to move "the Boss" to a M1009 if the opportunity comes my way, but I'm also saving my pennies for a farm tractor I could plow with instead. Boss plow's are great, it attaches in 30 seconds if I do my part.

Attachments