• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Production 6.2L/700R4 TV Brackets (Interested?)

unaffiliated

I saw an aftermarket bracket on fleabay right after I bought my original equipment bracket on fleabay. The aftermerket one looked pretty good and was cheaper. I think I got the factory one referred to by barry0307. He relisted it and kept lowering the price. I did the by it now just seconds after the price had been lowered but the higher price was still showing on my feed. Lucky me. Seems like it was $69.00

glaser06

Just snagged one on eBay for $51 shipped. I have SpaceClaim modeling software and can do a 3D sketch of it if anyone is interested. At least then you could get a model make, possibly printed with metal sintering.

RumRunner742

Just snagged one on eBay for $51 shipped. I have SpaceClaim modeling software and can do a 3D sketch of it if anyone is interested. At least then you could get a model make, possibly printed with metal sintering.
I'm surrounded by aircraft part manufacturers. If you have the CAD data I'm sure I can find a vendor here to make them. I'm not sure of the per-unit costs, but its worth a shot.

Ackevor

I need dimensions and a couple pictures so I can make a 3d model then proceed to 3d print a few. I need one myself but can't find one to dimension. Did you happen to model yours?

glaser06

I need dimensions and a couple pictures so I can make a 3d model then proceed to 3d print a few. I need one myself but can't find one to dimension. Did you happen to model yours?
No, but if you're interested I can as start as soon as this project I'm on ends. I didn't get any interest initially but haven't done the swap yet either.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Ackevor

No, but if you're interested I can as start as soon as this project I'm on ends. I didn't get any interest initially but haven't done the swap yet either.
If you are strapped for time I am more than happy to make up a model for you. I would just need the dimensions and a few pictures. Otherwise I would love any sort of model to send to my printer when you do have time.

glaser06

If you are strapped for time I am more than happy to make up a model for you. I would just need the dimensions and a few pictures. Otherwise I would love any sort of model to send to my printer when you do have time.
Ok, when I get back home next week I'll see what we can do. What program or file type do you use?

Ackevor

Ok, when I get back home next week I'll see what we can do. What program or file type do you use?

Autodesk Fusion 360. Here are the compatible file types.

The following file types can be imported into Fusion 360:
Autodesk Alias (*.wire)
AutoCAD DWG Files (*.dwg)
Autodesk Fusion 360 Archive Files (*.f3d)
Autodesk Fusion 360 Toolpath Archive Files (*.cam360)
Autodesk Inventor Files (*.ipt, *.iam)
CATIA V5 Files (*.CATProduct, *.CATPart)
DXF Files (*.dxf)
FBX (*.fbx)
IGES (*ige, *iges, *igs)
NX (*prt)
OBJ (*.obj)
Parasolid Binary Files (*.x_b)
Parasolid Text Files (*.x_t)
Pro/ENGINEER and Creo Parametric Files (*.asm, *.prt)
Pro/ENGINEER Granite Files (*.g)
Pro/ENGINEER Neutral Files(*.neu)
Rhino Files (*.3dm)
SAT/SMT Files (*.sab, *.sat, *.smb, *.smt)
SolidWorks Files (*.prt, *.asm, *.sldprt, *.sldasm)
STEP Files (*.ste, *.step, *.stp)
STL Files (*.stl)​
SketchUp Files (*.skp)

glaser06

Autodesk Fusion 360. Here are the compatible file types.

The following file types can be imported into Fusion 360:
Autodesk Alias (*.wire)
AutoCAD DWG Files (*.dwg)
Autodesk Fusion 360 Archive Files (*.f3d)
Autodesk Fusion 360 Toolpath Archive Files (*.cam360)
Autodesk Inventor Files (*.ipt, *.iam)
CATIA V5 Files (*.CATProduct, *.CATPart)
DXF Files (*.dxf)
FBX (*.fbx)
IGES (*ige, *iges, *igs)
NX (*prt)
OBJ (*.obj)
Parasolid Binary Files (*.x_b)
Parasolid Text Files (*.x_t)
Pro/ENGINEER and Creo Parametric Files (*.asm, *.prt)
Pro/ENGINEER Granite Files (*.g)
Pro/ENGINEER Neutral Files(*.neu)
Rhino Files (*.3dm)
SAT/SMT Files (*.sab, *.sat, *.smb, *.smt)
SolidWorks Files (*.prt, *.asm, *.sldprt, *.sldasm)
STEP Files (*.ste, *.step, *.stp)
STL Files (*.stl)​
SketchUp Files (*.skp)
Familiar with it. Have a license but haven't used it yet, boss is still hung up on using Ansys SpaceClaim. Be a good excuse to start playing with it (or sketch up!).

Ackevor

Familiar with it. Have a license but haven't used it yet, boss is still hung up on using Ansys SpaceClaim. Be a good excuse to start playing with it (or sketch up!).

I love fusion360. I learned sketchup first but lost touch with it over time. I then learned 360 and I can say hands down 360 is more intuitive and better overall 3D modeling software in my experience. They have lots of training videos. I do not think you will regret trying it.

imaqeo

Howdy folks,

I am about to begin a 700R4 swap in my 1986 M1028, however, I need a TV cable and bracket. I already checked the web including ebay and came up dry. Does anyone know anyone on SS forums who might have a spare bracket they're willing to part with for some $$$?

imaqeo

Please disregard my previous post, I was able to source a bracket from someone on facebook. Now to just figure out how to install it...

JimmyHank

Sorry to resurrect this post. But has anyone had any luck with making these brackets? Or does anyone happen to know where I can get one?
I am at the point in my project where this is all I am waiting on... I have searched numerous junkyards in my area, all to no avail. Had a lead on one from a guy I bought some other parts off of and said he had one, but that fell through. I've also been watching ebay, but have not seen one posted in a long time. Thanks in advance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks