• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New program to rid of non runners from govplanet.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In WA my EUC turnaround was about a day. In CA I'm told it's 30 to 60. Then again, WA auctions off maybe 10/month.

I also feel that $5k for non-runners might be high, it really depends on what's wrong and what other extras are on them.

Screwface

I just wrote a post about some of those 1097s that were non runners, looks like the reset on these trucks was stopped due to end of service life or the cost of repair on these exceeded the criteria for the program.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In WA my EUC turnaround was about a day. In CA I'm told it's 30 to 60. Then again, WA auctions off maybe 10/month.

I also feel that $5k for non-runners might be high, it really depends on what's wrong and what other extras are on them.
They still go through Battle Creek Michigan to get processed.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just wrote a post about some of those 1097s that were non runners, looks like the reset on these trucks was stopped due to end of service life or the cost of repair on these exceeded the criteria for the program.
I think priority changed for $ to armored. No need for 1000's of updated soft skins plus the introduction of the new platform JLT
Ymmv

Last edited:
Reactions: OBX

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those trucks are no bargain, many of the ones in TX are stripped pretty good including radiators on many, I suspect they are bunching up the ones they could not get $3500 at regular auction and trying to get 5K for them.
Those trucks were junk long before they decided to sell them, not likely they are just "dumping" non armored trucks.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They still go through Battle Creek Michigan to get processed.
When I spoke to GovPlanet about why WA processes so much faster than CA, I was told they were handled differently. I am speaking from my experience. My 1097 I got in WA, and the EUC processed in about a day, I didn't even notice any lag. However, my 1114 I'm still waiting for the EUC approval in CA and GP told me it would be 30 to 60 days and they might even mean business days.

Edit: I just received notice that my SF97 for my WA purchase is being sent. It was around 55 business days.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My SWAG is that these m1097's are all owned by them outright and they are the EUC holder and will transfer to new owner in order to expedite the process since so many are in the pipeline and Battle Creek would not be able to handle the bubble in volume quickly. All pure speculation on my part but that is the onle way I see they can do them in house.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks