• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New purchase arrival...Light switch won't unlock.

BlueSkyPIC

Hey guys,

Im a newbie who just received my first vechicle last night in Fort Lauderdale. I have the manual and have read through it but was unable to get the switch to turn on the lights to move to the unlock position. All I could get to turn on was the black out lights.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bill

Attachments

plumkrazy

Sweet looking unit. You'll be ready for all kinds of weather emergencies. Welcome to the OD addiction. Be veerry careful--you will start out with just 1 truck. Then maybe just 1 M105 trailer to complete that "parade look". Of course the 105 will be needed for future weekend rallys. Then how about something in a CUCV, M38, or M151? And that is how the OD "A" gets you.

Regards

steelandcanvas

You might want to download the Operator's Manual (TM) for your new to you truck. There is lot of good information for a new owner, and welcome to the Green Disease!

SLOrazorsedge

I'll bet Red River just stuck on the battery relocation box and threw all the remaining parts away. I also acquired a 2010 M923A1 rebuild. The rebuild inventory charged the USA for the battery relocation but I just have the relocation box and my batteries are still under the seat....

BlueSkyPIC

Thanks everyone.

First purchase and I can see how this will become addictive.

Im happy to report that thanks to machinist75's tip my headlights did function. Well one did, the other didn't. Hopefully just a bulb. The manual wasn't very clear (at least to me) about how to select the headlights.

The battery box is empty. My batteries are still under the seat, but i do have solar chargers installed which is nice.IMG_3330.jpg

Now to try to figure out how to register this in Florida.8)

Bill

Another Ahab

Now to try to figure out how to register this in Florida.8)

Bill
You're lucky because this site is a treasure trove of hard-earned experience and wisdom about nearly every single wrinkle related to ownership, use, and operation of MV's:

- Use the search engine (and apparently it is recently "new and improved") and you will likely find exactly what you want to know.
- In fact, sometimes it seems almost overwhelming the amount of data there is to navigate, but advanced searches will help.

Others know much better than I (the Elders will speak), so start with the searches, and then don't hesitate with the questions. What's terrific here is how you never know when you'll learn something new you can use (but never thought to ask about). You're in the Right Place. Have at it!