• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new rig

sspike81

I recently bought a nice m35a2. I plan on leaving it pretty much stock, now don't hold me to that!!! I am very interested in getting rid of those stock rims and tires and going with some 395's on MRAP rims. It seems straight forward on the front, the rims should mount right up with the adapter plates. The rear axles seem to be a different story? any input is good. I'm new to toying around with deuces I'm sure there is a thread somewhere about this!

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site hobby and events to come. I would enjoy your truck a while, get to really know it, and then start to do carry out any modifications. Don't forget to NOTIFY your insurance people of non standard alterations. Do post up some pictures of your vehicle.

peashooter

Congrats on your new truck! You don't need to flip hubs to put MRAP wheels/tires on the rear, you just mount the wheels onto the hubs backwards (with the dish side facing out, just like the stock outer duallie wheels are). But its certainly a good idea to take the hubs off and see the condition of your brake shoes, brake cylinders, and seals. I chose to flip my hubs when I put on mrap wheels. I was shocked to see that 3 of the 4 rear brake drums were soaked with oil and grease. The hubs have weep holes to let any oil run out so you can usually see it on the back side of your brakes when looking underneath the truck, but in my case the holes were plugged up.... giving no sign of an issue.
Anyway, enjoy the truck, check the brakes, and let me know if you need any MRAP adapters down the road.

Eliteweapons

A quick spare tire question. I have not had the time to finish painting my mrap rims so they are still sitting on the side of the garage. My question is what solutions did everyone come up with for the 395 spare? It doesn't look like it will fit where the factory super single mounts. I am working on a design for a removable rear mounted lift for my truck so I can put the spare in the bed and lift other items, but I was curious as to the solutions others have come up with.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks