• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Score!! Stackable Army Cots!!

greensngravy

Can't believe this...I've been looking for an army cot that would fit nicely over the wheel wells of my M101A2, and lo and behold I find a pair of stackable cots at a second hand home materials supply store that were folded and hidden behind a bunch of patio umbrellas.....and it was half-price day! Total damage for the two: $5 !!!!

Attachments

3dAngus

They should fit lateral wise over the rails. Also, you should go back and buy them all, and sell them at your next rally. If I'm right, and they fit just right over the rails, you'll sell them all for double your money at that price. They are nice to have, and beats sleeping on the floor or a mat.

greensngravy

These litters are really overdesigned too. Thick steel tubing. I am going to reinforce the corners with some leather, and maybe lengthen them with additional canvas for longer-legged folk.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
aren't those litters? I've never seen a cot with a seat belt.
rofl That's pretty funny there! Perhaps they were the litters that were used on the early choppers, when the patients had to get strapped to the skids OUTSIDE the aircraft. Wounded or not, that would be one terrifying ride, laying on a litter on top of a skid, nothing beneath you but 5,000 feet of vomit-inducing space.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I still have two of the Korean War litters (they were new in the crate) that I was selling at the GA Rally.

I'll be bringing them to the MVPA meet at the Battleship Mobile at the end of March.

They do fit between the rails of a M105 trailer.

namedpipes

They are nice to have, and beats sleeping on the floor or a mat.
I'm too old and creaky to sleep on the floor, so I cheat.

A twin size mattress fits perfectly between the wheel wells (on the M101) and forms natural " bays" forward of the wheels to stow clothes, sleeping bags and what not.

I have the canvas (pic in my avatar), which makes a better/tighter tent than I've ever had, plus it's already pitched when I arrive.

You do have to be a little athletic to climb in and out, unless you cheat and keep a step on hand...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks