• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New seatbelts are stuck

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I find mine need to be at a certain angle for the locking pendulum mechanism to allow release. When installed in the truck properly they sit at the correct angle though.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They have to be facing in the direction that they would unreel if installed...either fully up or facing down.
dont pull hard or fast....nice, slow and easy....it locks on inertia.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suggest taking pictures (or even video) for the folks here. It'll help determine if something is wrong. Even with economic cut backs, pictures are still worth many words ;)

Just got a NOS seatbelt kit. However I cannot get the seatbelt retractor to release. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but is there a release on them?
I just did my front belts last night and they would not retract until I had them in position. I had to bolt in the top first, then the reel, and then the bottom. As others have said, they seem to need to be in that "just right" position.

I was able to get them to release by getting the trip lever with a small screwdriver. No matter what position I had them in they wouldn't release on their own. I don't know if during shipping they reeled up too tight or just got stuck. But they seem to work now.

I was able to get them to release by getting the trip lever with a small screwdriver. No matter what position I had them in they wouldn't release on their own. I don't know if during shipping they reeled up too tight or just got stuck. But they seem to work now.
Good deal. I suspect that they were reeled in too far and that was what was causing your issue. Glad you were able to get it figured out.