• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Seats Are In!!!

DXTAC

The new seats are IN!!! Just finished putting in some Pontiac Vibe seats over the weekend. The best part, as you can see in one of the pics, is that the seat belt buckle is built into the seat so no more buckle laying on the floor!!!! YEAH!!

Now, what to do next?!?!?! Oh yeah, rear main seal, transfer case output shaft seal, track down the tranny leak, trans flush and filter, radiator flush, Do-It-Myself camo paint job, replace the rear bench seat, door pins..........

THANKS for the help Dad!!!

Attachments

CUCV85

hope you have supports welded under cab

The new seats are IN!!! Just finished putting in some Pontiac Vibe seats over the weekend. The best part, as you can see in one of the pics, is that the seat belt buckle is built into the seat so no more buckle laying on the floor!!!! YEAH!!

Now, what to do next?!?!?! Oh yeah, rear main seal, transfer case output shaft seal, track down the tranny leak, trans flush and filter, radiator flush, Do-It-Myself camo paint job, replace the rear bench seat, door pins..........

THANKS for the help Dad!!!
:arrow:Thanks for the pics...
Something is welded
underneath for supporting this setup?

83k30

looks good! i put a 2001 gmc bucket in my m1008, but i only had one, plus it was a passenger seat so the seat belt was on the wrong side...but it sure was comfy!!

DXTAC

The passenger side used most of the same holes and the others were bolted using the opposite side of the existing brackets on the underside. The biggest challenge was chopping the mounts down and getting the angles correct as the new seats were thicker than the old ones. The rails on the new seats were about 5 inches wider than the old seats so the mounts needed to be opened and reinforced. They are as solid if not more solid than the stock seats were.

OL AG '89

One comfortable ride!!
Looks great, but I agree with the post on the size of the slider bolts.... look really small for use.
should be as strong (big) as the rest of the mounting components for safety

firecontrol86

That's an awesome setup! I want to swap some different seats in mine, but I don't have access to a welder and I'm not a master fabricator yet...I'm sure one day I'll come across something I can hook up and make this truck a little more my own, not to mention comfortable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks