• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New shop van owner

backwoodsman1

Well I,m thinking about dropping the oil pan simply because it does not have a rebuild tag on it anywhere and it is a 1960 model. It has 18,000 miles and 1008 hours on it. It was used in civilian life as a radio/communications truck. Poorly taken care of. As I have a job and debts it will be a good while before my truck is good enough to will to the grandkids.

Rjins

Nice. I spent 2 weeks and 1000 miles every summer for 14 years in a shop van in the Reserves. I remember my first summer driving it to camp, when we pulled in to the first rest stop I too had no brakes. Nearly ran over the First Sgts jeep before I could get brakes pumped up enough to stop! Needless to say an Oh S..t moment! In future I was sure to pump brakes before stopping after long runs! Anyways I grew very fond of that 109, even to the point that I will be using its bumper IDs on my HMMWV. Do you have any pics of your van?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks