• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New shop van owner

backwoodsman1

Well I,m thinking about dropping the oil pan simply because it does not have a rebuild tag on it anywhere and it is a 1960 model. It has 18,000 miles and 1008 hours on it. It was used in civilian life as a radio/communications truck. Poorly taken care of. As I have a job and debts it will be a good while before my truck is good enough to will to the grandkids.

Rjins

Nice. I spent 2 weeks and 1000 miles every summer for 14 years in a shop van in the Reserves. I remember my first summer driving it to camp, when we pulled in to the first rest stop I too had no brakes. Nearly ran over the First Sgts jeep before I could get brakes pumped up enough to stop! Needless to say an Oh S..t moment! In future I was sure to pump brakes before stopping after long runs! Anyways I grew very fond of that 109, even to the point that I will be using its bumper IDs on my HMMWV. Do you have any pics of your van?